You have just remembered.
Valentine’s day is tomorrow.
You haven’t bought anything, flowers are too obvious, restaurants are overbooked. Damn.
An option: cook dinner yourself.
A problem: further than noodle pots and frozen pizza, you have no idea where to start.
A solution: Sorted.
Wow and fun recipes but most importantly easy, clear instructions and – thanks so much for this – videos to help. Test - raspberry and white chocolate profiteroles. Your loved one should be amazed. Come to think of it – no need to share it, they would be a nice treat for you too.
Ingredients for the pastry:
* cold water (250ml)
* butter, diced (100g)
* pinch of salt
* plain flour (125g)
* 4 eggs
* Preheat the oven to 220°C.
* Measure the water, butter and salt into a small pan and bring gently to a simmer.
* Dump in the flour and beat until a paste forms.
* Keep the paste and pan over the heat and keep beating until it forms a smooth dough that comes away from the sides of the pan.
* Remove from the heat and transfer to a cold bowl, keep beating to cool it down.
* Crack in the eggs one at a time and mix well, not adding another until the previous is fully incorporated.
* Put the mixture into a piping bag and squeeze out small rounds onto a greaseproof lined baking tray. They should be all the same size. (Mind you, a spoon will do too if you do not have a piping bag). You can spinkle with supar pearls if you wish.
* Bake for 15 minutes until puffed up, golden and dried out. Then allow to cool.
To fill and coat:
* raspberries (100g)
* glug of double cream (200g)
* dusting icing sugar (50g)
* white chocolate (200g)
You’re almost there.
* Blitz the raspberries to a puree and/or push through a sieve to remove the seeds.
* Whisk the cream to stiff peaks and fold through enough icing sugar to sweeten to your liking.
* Stir in the raspberry puree and then transfer the pink cream into a piping bag.
* Melt the chocolate gently in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
* Poke a hole in each of the cooled profiteroles and pipe the pink cream in.
This works a treat with vanilla ice-cream, a spoonful of jam. lemon curd instead of raspberry purée, or even the fruit in a heart of chantilly.
For the rest of the meal, have a look at the website!