I love April skies. Indecisive, tortured. A ray of sunshine, a shower of rain, the sudden music of hail. Of course, it may lead to a certain surcharge (shirt, scarf, hood, sunglasses - be prepared for everything. In the same day.) But as dusk approaches, clouds take a velvety appearance, get painted with even brighter colours if only for a minute, like a luxurious marble… Get your umbrella and scroll down to discover ideas for your week-end in London!
That’s art baby!
* Rediscover London through photographs of its past at the Wandworth museum
* Be amazed by Cate Blanchett, on the stage of the Barbican for a few days only.
* Fall for the “Afternoon tea in the park” hampers by Bea’s . Ah, if only we also could order some sun!
* This week-end, the Southbank market celebrates India.
* Dine as on the Titanic - the final menu is recreated at Hix for the centenary.
* A mobile tea-room – love it! Follow it in Soho.
Take the little ones along:
* A delicious idea from Carluccio’s: a biscuit workshop for bakers-to-be.
* Take them to see the newborn ducklings - nothing could be cuter.
Out of the ordinary:
* On Thursday, shop rock’n’roll at a cute themed vintage market.
* Abracadabra, have a look at the Magic Circle Museum.
* On Friday, indulge in a free concert at the V&A, a mix of jazz and Indian music.
* Every Sunday until the end of August, the Spitafields City Farm proposes an outdoor “eco-chic” market - worth a detour if you are around Brick Lane.
* Did you know you can swap your books on Carnaby street?
* On Sunday, to celebrate the Olivier Awards, the place to be will be the Covent garden Piazza with performances from top West End shows.