Life is full of simple joys. One of mine is reading a poem on the tube, you know those published between two ads? It’s always soothing finding one, like a little gift. I never have enough time to write them down but I found out the underground website actually lists them.
Another blog brought a smile – the authors post pictures of strangers (only guys) met on their commuting journey, add a few lines, guess their thoughts, their story. Hey, maybe you’re one of them, check it out!
Oh, if you think you’re the chap of the year, click this way.
* It’s shopping time on Carnaby Street this Thursday with 20% off.
* Love gardening? Tomato plants will be given for free on Trafalgar on Friday.
* Love is what you want, says Tracey Emin – a comforting thought.
* Find your favourite food vans at the Rye Pub – from the Choc Star to the Meat Wagon.
* The Andipa Gallery brings the language of flowers to an art.
* Nude Espresso just opened on Soho Square but forget the coffee. What you want to try is their Lamington cake, an Australian treat made of sponge cake in a layer of chocolate and coconut. Just don’t count the calories.
* Love acrobatics, martial arts, parkour? Rush or jump to the Udderbelly this week-end.
* Fortnum & Mason celebrate refined crafts.
* Tango and afternoon teas - just jump in those dancing shoes and grab a few scones…
* Med-tea-tation with Teanamu at Holland Park - a zen moment in a marvellous garden.
* Nothing is free in life, they say. Well wait: join those ecclectic workshops to learn a few skills for free: car mechanics, burlesque dancing, self defence…