The Big Freeze. Everyone’s on their guard now that winter has finally made an appearance. Will it snow? Will it? Hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream while watching the flakes swing by? Sliding down at Primrose Hills with the kids? Walk throught the glorious Kew Gardens in warm boots? Or even better – enjoy an open fire in a pub?
That’s art, baby:
* Street art hunters, rush to Shoreditch to see Phlegm’s latest mural.
* London underground, beautiful pics.
Yummy time ahead:
* Baby, it’s cold outside. This Caribbean restaurant with a rum cellar looks like a great place to warm up. Just saying.
* The London tube is 150 years old. Let’s celebrate with this themed afternoon tea.
* Come on, let’s go on a morning London Eye ride on Saturday.
* The Clipper 70 will soon start its sailing race around the world. You can visit it at St Katherine docks until January 20.
* Did you know the V&A offers free tours of their collections, including the theatre costumes one?
* GAP launches a Peter Rabbit range. To celebrate this, the famous character will be at the Oxford Street shop on Saturday for story reading, take the kids along!
Out of the ordinary:
* If you love crime fiction and detective stories, be sure to stop at the British Museum on that theme.
* Go cat hunting – did you know there even is a map showing the pubs with these adorable felines?
* Get to know everything about cycling at the bike show. Given the public transport prices, it might be the best investment of the year!