The London Eye, The Monument, St Paul’s, Vertigo 42, the Heron Tower, the O2 roof - you love London best at its very top. And so, you have been glancing at The Shard‘s glass sculptural shape for months. You have admired all the panoramas available on the web and dreamt. This is twice as tall as anywhere else in the City. And finally, it is opening to the public. Tickets are selling like mad, no matter they are a mere £24.95 each… Come on up, about an other dose of high spirits?
That’s art, baby:
* Rolling Stones fan? Rush to the O2 to see amazing pics of the group.
* Ham House just opened an exhibition showing costumes from the Anna Karenina movie.
Yummy time ahead:
* Fortnum & Mason has launched a pop-up bakery, focusing on the best of British.
* Friday, a Brazilian carnival will colour up Covent Garden.
* Friday evening, the V&A will offer a fabulous African concert.
Out of the ordinary:
* Dreaming of spring? Go and see the gorgeous snowdrops at the Chelsea Physics Garden.
* Zombies invade the Science Museum all week-end.
* The London Dungeon closes to reopen later close to Waterloo. The props are put on sale on Sunday.
* Pretend you are Sherlock Holmes.