Yesterday evening, I discovered a so, so British sport that few Froggies know about. Bowls. Ah, the uniform, the strict measuring of, er, everything, the lawn, loved, tidy, perfect, often the highest expense of the club. The bowls, called woods in memory of a time where they actually were made of this, shaved to curve in beautiful ellipse. The jack, sometimes 20 metres away, the techniques, such a skill. Go, google it, find the nearest club, have a look. You will be warmly welcomed I guarantee. It’s between pétanque and billard, oddly fascinating…
2. Take your bike to work on Friday and grab a free breakfast on the way!
3. On Friday evening the Horniman Museum gets a Latin fever.
4. Music! Canary Wharf opens its free jazz festival.
5. Hackney is at its trendiest too with its Wicked festival: so much art and music you cannot cover it all in a single week-end!
6. Like, hum, a choreographed walk in Greenwich.
7. Have your heard about Lollibop, a children dedicated festival?
9. How about watching a movie ON the National Theatre?
10. Celebrate Eid on Trafalgar Square on Saturday with a wonderful food market and activities for the whole family.