It’s the Open House week-end, my friends! Lots to see, but do take the time to step into Battersea station before it turns into luxury apartments and shopping mall. There will be activities for kids in town too, so take your budding architect along…
1. The London Design festival is still on and the V&A really has magical creations on show. Have a glimpse here.
2. On Sept 21, a pop-up forest will appear in Seven Dials.
3. Make a detour to see these beautiful drawings of Shoreditch including the work of famous street artists.
4. On 15 September 1963, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones performed at the Royal Albert Hall. On Sunday, you can go there and have a look at never-before-seen photographs of that concert.
5. Etsy sets up at Tom Dixon’s docks for the London design festival. And it’s all Made in Britain!
6. Daft Punk fan? Quick, find your neon lycras and rush to this “Lose yourself to dance” flashmob on Saturday.
7. Pearls, like diamonds, are a girl’s best friend so go and have a look at the divine exhibition at the V&A. It will make you forget the rain for a while.
8. So London. We already knew a cat café will soon open its doors. Meanwhile, take your dog to get a treat at this pop-up bakery just for them!
9. Did you know Smart (yes the mini cars) also make electric bikes? And you can try them on a guided urban stroll this week-end.
10. Remember the ship in a bottle on the Fourth Plinth? It is now in Greenwich. And the artist, Yinka Shonibare has a show at the National Maritime Museum. Time for a visit!