Posts Tagged ‘circus’
A few evenings ago, inspiration was escaping me. I typed and crossed out sentences constantly – the letters of the Delete button were in danger of fading away. And so I sighed. And I thought of the artists who used to find their muse in the Green Fairy. Did that really work? If so, should I be relocating my office in this new absinth bar, between the elegant fountains and delicate spoons?
if you, on the other hand, are in search of London inspiration, I have just what you need:
* Free burritos, Thursday and Friday at Canary Wharf.
* A touch of glamour at the National Portrait Gallery.
* Chocolate? For a good cause? Well, we can’t say no, then, surely…
* A few steps away… the Nomad Cinema will project at Kensington gardens this week-end. Truman show, Thelma & Louise, Fargo: yes, there are some spaces left.
* Support ukuleles. In the most musical way, of course.
* Explore the plant rooms and corridors under the Royal Festival Hall.
* Wow. Chaps have their own olympiade – all gentlemen games and vintage suits.
* Another journey in the past with those amazing pics of Tower Bridge being build. Saved from the skip!
* Circus time at Southbank!
* too hot? Get a glimpse of the Arctic.
* Join the swap and share picnic for a dose of happiness, fun games and craft.
Pssst: book now to get a chance to create your own gin.
This week-end will be a nice party with a long-time-no-see-but-never-forgot-you friend.
And so, there will be a shower of anecdotes from the good old times, a flow of pints in atmospheric pubs, walks till the end of the night. With or without umbrella, take your bets.
In a nutshell: make new memories.
For inspiration, we’ll choose a few of those:
* On Thursday, take your little artists to Covent Garden – they will have the opportunity to build an art structure with Louis Vuitton.
* Burlesque class anyone? I have always wanted to try…
* A gourmet pop-up on Southbank will serve very poetic food – rush there.
* Or would you rather go for a barbecue van?
* How about a free jazz concert in the V&A garden to start the week-end?
* Beware, naked cyclists on the go on Saturday. Litterally.
* Keep your eyes open - yarnbombing is on the programme!
* Dare. Try this fish-therapy, you have been dying to.
* Discover London secret gardens and squares - a beautiful opportunity to push usually closed gates.
* Circus and Cabaret united? Click this way to know more about this festival.
* Red, white or rosé? Fill your own bottle!