Posts Tagged ‘circus’
Limbo is back at London Wonderground. It’s amazing. It’s hypnotising. It’s fabulous. Super skilled circus acts mixed with burlesque – you will want to clap from start to finish. On the ground, in the air, with extraordinary dance moves and live music that makes your blood pulse even faster, you will be in awe, I assure you.
And hey, we have two tickets for you to win for the date of your choice in May. Have a look at the trailer and just leave us a comment below with the adjective that describes it best in your opinion. The lucky winner will be selected at random on May 20 at noon.
Limbo at London Wonderground – Until August 17, 2014
A few evenings ago, inspiration was escaping me. I typed and crossed out sentences constantly – the letters of the Delete button were in danger of fading away. And so I sighed. And I thought of the artists who used to find their muse in the Green Fairy. Did that really work? If so, should I be relocating my office in this new absinth bar, between the elegant fountains and delicate spoons?
if you, on the other hand, are in search of London inspiration, I have just what you need:
* Free burritos, Thursday and Friday at Canary Wharf.
* A touch of glamour at the National Portrait Gallery.
* Chocolate? For a good cause? Well, we can’t say no, then, surely…
* A few steps away… the Nomad Cinema will project at Kensington gardens this week-end. Truman show, Thelma & Louise, Fargo: yes, there are some spaces left.
* Support ukuleles. In the most musical way, of course.
* Explore the plant rooms and corridors under the Royal Festival Hall.
* Wow. Chaps have their own olympiade – all gentlemen games and vintage suits.
* Another journey in the past with those amazing pics of Tower Bridge being build. Saved from the skip!
* Circus time at Southbank!
* too hot? Get a glimpse of the Arctic.
* Join the swap and share picnic for a dose of happiness, fun games and craft.
Pssst: book now to get a chance to create your own gin.
This week-end will be a nice party with a long-time-no-see-but-never-forgot-you friend.
And so, there will be a shower of anecdotes from the good old times, a flow of pints in atmospheric pubs, walks till the end of the night. With or without umbrella, take your bets.
In a nutshell: make new memories.
For inspiration, we’ll choose a few of those:
* On Thursday, take your little artists to Covent Garden – they will have the opportunity to build an art structure with Louis Vuitton.
* Burlesque class anyone? I have always wanted to try…
* A gourmet pop-up on Southbank will serve very poetic food – rush there.
* Or would you rather go for a barbecue van?
* How about a free jazz concert in the V&A garden to start the week-end?
* Beware, naked cyclists on the go on Saturday. Litterally.
* Keep your eyes open - yarnbombing is on the programme!
* Dare. Try this fish-therapy, you have been dying to.
* Discover London secret gardens and squares - a beautiful opportunity to push usually closed gates.
* Circus and Cabaret united? Click this way to know more about this festival.
* Red, white or rosé? Fill your own bottle!