Posts Tagged ‘Liberty’
Hello, hello, ready for the week-end? How about escaping the city? Invited by Alpro, I will be discovering the Rewind Festival: 80ies music, comedy, silent disco, fireworks… And of course, glamping allows a fashion touch - look at the inspiration the brand provided! For a little poetry, a floral headband by New Look, a golden leaves necklace by Aldo, an adorable summer bag by Topshop. Planning on good weather? Then go for those retro sunglasses with Liberty motif by Super. Expecting rain? No hesitation: you need the quilted Hunter wellies, ever so comfy and ready for everything. And don’t forget a splash of colour, like Watch me simmer par M.A.C or Hyde Park Gate par Nail Inc…
Going to Rewind too? Tweet me (@chocoralie) and let’s meet there!
Inspired by the metallic enamels of her childhood, Emma Bridgewater steps away from her famous sponge effect to create the Lustre collection. The shapes retain their softness, their beautiful curves. The hues play with red, plum, a splash of pink, remind of juicy summer fruits. The magnificent glazing brings a mirror finish, the cream speckle a unique dramatic effect…
Emma Bridgewater - the Lustre collection is available at Liberty
A look at these and suddenly, childhood stories you loved spring back to your mind - such softness in the drawings, adorable animals, slightly faded colours that bring a smile, so many adventures to invent around them. Quick, plan a tea party, bake colourful cakes and invite friends!
Charley Harper‘s stroke of pencil reflects a world in geometrical shapes. As if each sketch had an architecture of its own. Its sublime drawings of fish have now been declined by Fish Eddy on very graphic dishes and can be found at Liberty. It seems superfluous to even add anything to the plate, they seem to come alive on their own, maybe just place them on a table in Pacific Ocean colours…
Love the 50ies? Elvis fan? Have a walnut-maple sirup or peanut butter-chocolate milkshake at the Milky Way (28 Camden Passage, Islington, N1 8ED London). This tiny ice-cream parlour lives in a different era, from music to decoration (looks right out of a magazine!) via the King’s memorabilia. The counter is loaded with cupcakes, British and American sweets. Share the moment with kids or friends. Sadly, pictures are not allowed. For more ideas for your week-end in London, scroll down.
That’s art, baby!
* The open air theatre in Regent’s Park is reopening so book your tickets!
* See quite a large collection of Picasso’s etchings at the British Museum.
* Beautiful, beautiful London illustrations here.
* Leonardo da Vinci gets a royal touch at Buckingham Palace.
Yumme time ahead:
* Make a detour via London Fields for the summer pop-up, from this week-end on. Fab barbecue, salads with fresh products from the market, DJ.
The fashion touch:
* Have a look at Marc Jacob’s pop-up at Selfridges: 15 versions of the cute mouse ballerina shoes are on show.
* Add a touch of red to your day with the Louboutin exhibition at the Design Museum.
* Fall for the collaboration between Dr Martens and Liberty.
* Shop in red, blue and white at Selfridge’s Big British shop.
Out of the ordinary:
* On Thursday, play bingo while listening to Indie music.
* Go to Little Venice and see the canal boats festival. It’s free and there will be Morris dancers too.
* Every Friday, the rolling bridge unfolds at Paddington. Worth seeing!
* On Sunday, celebrate free comic book day at Gosh in Soho.
* Or see the crowning of the Pearly king of London. Quite something.
* Sunday still, make a detour vis Trafalgar Square to enjoy the Sikh New Year. Colour, music, dances guaranteed.
Some perfumes wear off - they are part of a few pages of your life, a phase, a mood, a feeling. New chapter, new fragrance.
Yet, Safran Troublant has been mine for almost ten years. A swirl of ginger, sandalwood, candied rose. Each time more intriguing, you can never quite place all the notes, there is always something escaping you, what could it be? And so the love of your life gives your wrist, this tender,warm spot in your neck another kiss. Neither sweet not too powerful, just mysterious, uncomparable.
A fragrance that dances around you and unsettles senses, capturing all attention at once…
Many boutiques for L’artisan Parfumeur - In London, they have one right in Covent Garden as well as a dedicated space in Liberty.
Well, that’s it. I have taken my woolen scarf out. I’m chilled to the bones. And I had so much hope for a lovely Indian summer. Wave if you know a pub that would already have lighted its chimney and would serve grogs.
* Friday evening, celebrate Malaysia on Trafalgar.
* Come and listen to the waves crash on Euston Rd pavement.
* Look out for Ludo.
* Cheers, my friends!
* Beware - gorillas around!
* Greenwich market plays the green card.
* Admire Elizabeth Taylor’s jewels.
* Hello Kitty plays hide and seek in Liberty’s delicate fabric.
* Try Oh La La Bakery‘s strawberry tarlets with a little lemon zest. They are just divine.
* Amazing opportunity – the Royal Opera House will be selling some of their costumes at affordable prizes…
* Yummy German treats this way – forget the diet.
* Celebrate Eid, the end of ramadan, with a twirl of festivities on Trafalgar Square.
* Festive apple day this way.
* Tea, vintage cups and cute cakes, right here, on your doorstep.
* A dose of whisky, another of music, mix, enjoy.
* Open day for the whole family at the famous Wiltons Music Hall.
Autumn tones and dashes of bright colours at Wild at Heart. This chic flower boutique fits perfectly well in the traditional Liberty building (check out their other locations too). Sublime bouquets, almost sculptural and mind you, for quite an accessible price.
Wild at heart
Great Marlborough Street,
When times get rough, I stop at Liberty for a dose of silkiness. Amazing colours and designs that remind me of William Morris.
Just one and you need no other accessory. You are suddenly more radiant, more elegant.
London W1B 5AH