Posts Tagged ‘Oxfam’
Daffodils, crocuses, snowdrops are peaking out. Hoorray, soon the outdoors will be ours again and life will get a pinkier shade…
That’s art baby:
* On Thursday, say bye to Nelson’s ship in a bottle on Trafalgar and hi to the new work of art. A golden child on a rocking horse. I am still not convinced by it but well, at least the scenery changes.
* Pete Doherty has put a little of himself in each of his latest paintings – litterally, some blood. This way to see them.
Take the little ones along:
* The Chelsea Theatre proposes a family film club every Saturday with games and activities. What a better way to start the week-end?
* Still on Saturday, you can see the Stepney farm and have a pancake for a mere £5.
Out of the ordinary:
* Go egg hunting - 40 giants ones have been decorated by designers and artists then hidden around town. Ready, steady…
* Thursday, go and listen to stories for adults, inspired by the mysterious atmosphere of the 19th century.
* Loved War Horse? Go and see the exhibition for free at the late night opening of the National Army Museum. This Friday.
* On Friday still, don’t forget the late opening at the V&A - dedicated to Cecil Beaton, photographer to the Queen. Smile, pause, get a tiara!
* Sunday, join the Oxfam Rumble Jumble, empty your cupboards of unwanted clothes and refill them with new fun items.
* See la vie en green. Well, maybe just London. This eco-friendly site really makes you rediscover the city.
The week-end to come is a special one for me. Sunday will be filled with hugs, bunches of daisies, sweet words made with sparkly Crayolas, homemade cakes covered in colourful sugary stars. Sunday is my day, you see, mothers’ day.
How will you enjoy yours? Here are a few ideas:
- Enjoy the first splash of the season! The Brockwell Lido reopens and it’s free for the celebration day!
- Look for glimpses of Elisabeth Taylor’s life through the city…
- Smile with those anecdotes…
- Get your camera out – come and join me at this photowalk!
- Revisit King’s Rd rock’n'roll style in black & white pics…
- London puts its dancing shoes on…
- Gasp at this amazing collection of theater costumes…
- Did you know the London Eye now has a beauty capsule?
- Selfridge’s and Oxfam open a top sale with clothes given by celebs – fancy wearing kate Moss’ dress?
- Sing a nursery rhyme with Eine…
- Discover a poetic sculpture made entirely of bird feathers…
- Are you a mum? Then get a free cocktail at Hendrick’s on Sunday!
- Add a spoonful of a royal desert – specially created by the famous Heston Blumenthal.