Posts Tagged ‘Tracey Emin’
This week-end brings a luxuty escape. On a train. On a luxury train. I will admire the vibrant British countryside from the cocoon of the British Pullman. Breakfast on board, a stroll in the Cotswold villages, champagne and dinner on the way back, watchinh the lights switching on softly…
What about you?
* Indulge in a gourmet pub crawl. The menu is mouthwatering and we guarantee you will fall in love with the Renaissance Pubs…
* Art switches to 3D
* The famous champagne bar Kettner’s will be offering with Jameson a different party each evening between October 12 and 27. Hoorray!
* Celebrate Diwali.
* There is some dancing at the Scoop.
* Nothing more autumn like than a market dedicate to wine and cheese.
* Discover the latest artitic installation in the Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall – movies are a piece of art too.
* Aromatherapy and macaron: isn’t it me time yet?
* Well, this week is chocolate week. You can go round the best chocolatiers in town who will be proposing a variety of events or… spend an afternoon at Chocolate Unwrapped where they will be presenting their best treats.
* Take your coffee with style.
* Hop, second dose of Tracey Emin this year.
* Big Ben leans. Yes, you read that right.
* Indoor bike training, graffiti and trendy music included, is the new winter sport.
* Love the Royal Family? Well, the Diamond Jubilee china is now on sale.
* Are you all ready for Movember? You might be missing a crucial accessory.
Know what I like best in London? The cheerful touch of crazyness, the freedom to be creative, different.
Example - this guy who decided one day to commute by canoe-kayak. Fabulous. I have been searching for an equivalent since (as there is no canal on my way to the office).
Meanwhile, here is a cocktail of plans to enjoy the so British city this week-end:
* David Lynch fan? Twin Peaks is back, just for one night this Thursday.
* Free ice-cream at Dri Dri on Friday. Come on, you can’t say no to this.
* Calling all chocaholics – check out those yummy walks!
* Wake up the sumo in you - it is all for a good cause.
* Get your ticket for Taste of London – quite expensive but you will not be able to resist the menus for long.
* Pretend you’re in Tokyo and have a karaoke party. This hotel dedicates rooms with cocktails and outfits.
* Black Peper? Lavander? Marmite? Paul A Young just opened his new Soho shop.
* Smile with this dog show. Lookalike competition: which 4-pawed-cutie will look the closest to Queen Victorias’ dog? Which other will be the best Victorian fashioned?
* Find happiness (and/or a good bargain) at Wimbledon’s car boot sale, the best around according to Time Out.
* Tea in a park? Yes, call it med-tea-tation.
* Ignore cinema chains. Independant ones have so much more charm.
* What if it rains? Have a virtual walk.