Posts Tagged ‘zoo’
Always a kids’ hit, the Belfast zoo is just a bus ride away from the centre and will take you to the city heights. Nicely set along a hill, it offers quite a nice view on how wide the town really is. You will, of course, find the children’s favourite animals – gorilla, lions, penguins… We loved the large family of giraffes who seem to love acrobatics and the small but formidable rainforest house where tropical birds walk around free, stopping centimetres from you for a picture… Bonus: picnic tables are available in the park.
Antrim BT36 7PN
A theme park that does more than rides with a fascinating zoo part, just outside London.
The view on animals is gorgeous and they happily play stars in front of the camera. Meercats are the best!
A day out that ends up being as fun for parents than for little ones.
Chessington World of Adventures
Inspired by Tastour, I’m thinking of a themed week-end. La vie en rose!
Rosé wine. Fentimans’ rose lemonade. A bouquet of peonies. A raspberry and litchee trifle. Cranberry scones and cristalised rose petals.
What’s your program? Looking for ideas? Here are a few:
* Renew your shelves by swapping books.
* Photograph London at dawn.
* Have a sweet tooth. There will be an incredible gingerbread house, with a popcorn chimney and chocolate furniture at The Brunswick. I have heard that clouds will be made of meringue and that cupcakes grow in the garden… Kids can have a bite, listen to accordion or tales. The fabulous Lily Vanilli will also give gingerbread men masterclasses. Not to be missed!
* Art does recyle. A very colourful project in Spitafields.
* Royal beasts take over the Tower of London.
* The Old Truman Brewery will be home to quite amazing pieces of art.
* Al Fresco cinema? Sure, but on the city rooftops!
* The zoo will open late every Friday in June and July. With silent discos and cabaret, you will roar of pleasure.
* Regent Street will turn Spanish on Sunday: giant paellas, drums, dancing horses…
* Temperatures should go up to 22 degrees. That definitely calls for a cool pint in a beer garden.
* We’ve been begging her to – Lily Vanilli is opening her café on Columbia Road. Stop there for a treat before getting those bunches of flowers.
* Pssst: Banksy’s back at the Andipa Gallery.