Week-end ahead! Here are some more cool things to enjoy in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Did you know you can join a silent disco every Friday night at the top of The Shard?
2. On Saturday, Whitecross will be holding its now famous street party. Flower festival, street art, dancing, local artisans and music.
3. Movie fan? The London Film and Comic Con is taking place at Olympia.
4. The Lambeth Garden Museum has a a fun exhibition on… garden gnomes!
5. Go and tango in Spitalfields on Sunday. Beginner? There will be a free lesson 12.20-13.00, have a go.
♥ Art and cultural inspiration ♥
1. Movie with an atmosphere? Book your ticket to see a Hitchcock classic in the local cemetery in Leystonstone (Dial M for Murder on the 16th, The Man Who Knew Too Much on the 17th and The Lady Vanishes on the 18th).
2. Have a look at the White Cube Bermondsey Gallery – Marc Quinn found inspiration in nature.
3. Who would have thought that from simple crochet doilies, Joana Vasconcelos would have created vibrant contemporary art pieces. Not to be missed.
4. On Saturday and Sunday, a group of dancers on Southbank will do a beautiful choreography mixing classical, modern and African rhythms. At 14.00 and 18.30 daily.
5. Still on the movie side – the Southbank Centre is celebrating Nelson Mandela this week-end. There will be quite interesting screenings of movies inspired by his life.
♥ Yum ♥
1. Birra Moretti is back with its Gran Tour in Hackney – a street food market celebrating signature Italian dishes this week-end. Pizza Pilgrims, Roasticini, Forza Win and Gelupo amongst others are joining it. For your £10 entry you’ll receive a Birra Moretti along with two plates of food and a Gelato as well as access to all master classes.
3. Forget pub crawls. Try Cocktails in the city, 25 super skilled mixologists in just one space, Bedford Square. Cheers.
4. Summer. Ice cream and ice-lollies season. Yep. Let’s make them alcoholic, here is a cool list.
5. Or personalise your Magnum ice-cream in Covent Garden. Thousands of combinations are possible…
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. See green on Southbank – we took the kids to review Shrek’s adventure. They laughed and clapped and absolutely adored it.
2. Families can camp at Morden Hall Park on Saturday – such a rare opportunity to enjoy the place fully.
3. At The Place, on Saturday, kids get to dance all day!
4. Chinatown has a family day this Sunday – including traditional Japanese drumming, family magic shows, martial arts performances and an Indonesian orchestra.
5. Here is a great list of alternative ideas to keep the kids busy this summer – while not breaking the bank.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫