Week-end ahead! Here are some more cool things to enjoy in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. The V&A’s late evening this Friday is all about Spoon, Knife, Fork – Exploding cake, DJ, underground disco, dinner for 1… It’s free!
2. On Saturday, The Vaults Festival (in the Leake Street tunnel, near Waterloo) will be paying a tribute to David Bowie so come and dance till late in the night to all his hits. The dress code? Stardust, of course. The evening will be in aid of Cancer Research.
3. Take an off the beaten path tour of Camden and learn about the musicians that made this place synonymous with rock’n’roll: Amy Winehouse, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Sex Pistols, The Rolling Stones… On Friday and Saturday.
4. Always wanted to paint? Head to The Trafalgar Hotel and you will be guided step by step through Gustav Klimt’s ‘The Kiss’, a brush in one hand, a glass of wine in the other.
5. On a budget? Click here for 10 ideas to enjoy London under £10.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. In need of spring? Dream of it at the Royal Academy. Their new exhibition is just what you need: Painting the Modern Garden, from Monet to Matisse or the evolution of art between 1860s and 1920s.
2. If the elegance of Saville Row fascinates you, join Cindy Lawford on Saturday for a guided tour (and lots of anecdotes) of the area.
3. Try the Museum of London for an amazing insight on Tattoo London, the life inside four contemporary tattoo studios in the capital.
4. House of Vans has created a Polyphonic Playground – with swings, slides, climbing frame combined with advanced musical engineering, thus turning them into a giant musical instrument. Even better, it’s free.
5. Find inspiration at TEDxEastEnd, immersive, engaging and compelling TED Talks exploring Society Beyond Borders. Saturday, at Hackney Empire.
♥ Yum ♥
1. Cake lovers, rejoice, there is a new hybrid in town: the Biskie. A sweet tower of buttercream, coulis, marshmallow framed by two biscuits. Decadent. You should rush to Cutter & Squidge and try it right now.
2. You may have matched tea with savoury or even chocolate but how about cheese? Try it at the Tea Studio on Saturday.
5. Tibits, the famous vegetarian restaurants, will offer a Yoga Detox Brunch every Sunday: a yoga session followed by a healthy detox brunch.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Kids will love making their own picture book at House of Illustration this Saturday.
2. House of Vans will be screening Up! for free this Saturday afternoon.
3. The Spitalfields City Farm has Wild Club sessions on Saturdays, a great opportunity to meet and groom the animals of the farm, do some gardening work and build a campfire.
4. The London A Cappella Festival, on Saturday, has a kids program too! Choose from a Singing or Gospel workshop, a Beatbox demo, a Disney Singalong…
5. The Royal Opera House is organising a family Sunday to make ballet and opera more fun for our little ones.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫