No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Who says September has to be all grey? Add colour to evening with the London Transport Museum this Friday: neon art, craft, treasure trail…
2. Celebrate Rio on Trafalgar Square this Saturday : DJ, music, street food, sport…
3. Or try the Mexican Feast at the Old Spitalfields Market. There will be exotic food, wrestlers, giant piñatas.
4. 40 vintage boats will stop at St Katherine Docks this week-end and you can even climb on some of theme.
5. Try City Cruises’ Shakespeare Dinner on the Thames – complete with actors, an Elizabethan meal and dancing.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Freddie Mercury would have been 70 this year. To mark this, the Richard Young Gallery presents an exhibition of iconic photographs of the artist.
2. The Somerset House’s biennale is always worth a detour. This year, there will be a a giant gumball machine, a kinetic light sculpture, digitised wallpapers and so much more.
3. Don’t forget to look up – London ceilings often are amazing.
4. The V&A looks at the musical revolution in the 60ies with its new exhibition “So you say you want a revolution”.
5. Impressed by Georgia O’Keeffe’s retrospective at the Tate Modern? Then have a look at Dorothea Tanning’s erotic flower paintings at the Alison Jacques Gallery.
♥ Yum ♥
1. Join Redchurch Brewery’s street party on Saturday – there will be beer, BBQs and lots of cheerfulness.
2. Or, still on the beer, side, try Immersive Drinking with Innis and Gunn (think “a good dose of Virtual Reality with your pint”)
3. We stopped at The Jones Family Project to try their Burgers and Bourbon pop-up. Oh, the spicy corn relish with a splash of bourbon! The Bourbon gravy like sauce to dip your slider in! The juiciness! The perfect match to Ritten Rye or Mellow Corn whiskey. Highly recommended. There even have rocking chairs if you fancy chatting with your friends all night with a glass in hand.
4. Negroni with a twist – rose petal, hint of coffee…
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. The Surrey Docks Farm is holding its autumn festival this Saturday – Morris dancers, donkey ride, craft, bouncy castle…
2. There is lots of family fun happening at the King’s Place festival – boat trips on the canal, storytelling, an Alice in Wonderland concert and more.
3. Don’t miss the Hidden River Festival at Manor House on Saturday. You can enjoy the fab concert program while the little ones draw with send, watch circus demos, make art from recycled material, learn about bug hotels and bees…
4. It’s carnival time in Hackney this Sunday!
5. If you’re in the area, try this storytelling with origami session on Old Street.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫