No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. For the London Fashion Week, Burberry invites you to meet the artists helping them to make a dream a reality. A wonderful immersive experience until Sept 27.
2. Elementary, my dear Watson – the Excel is holding a Sherlock convention this week-end.
4. Join the Cutty Sark’s Landlubbers’ Maritime Folk Festival on Saturday: there will be sea shanties, oysters, maritime craft and stories around the figureheads and ships in bottles.
5. There is a mirror maze in Peckham (and it’s jasmine scented)
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Quick, quick, this Brixton Design trail is a fantastic way to rediscover the area, on the art side! Until Sunday only.
2. The Fashion & Textile Museum present a glittering display of haute couture and ready-to-wear fashion from 1919 to 1929 – the jazz age!
3. Did you know the Waterloo Bridge, also known as the Ladies Bridge, was built by women during WWII? To celebrate this, there will be a photo collage, screenings and music there from Thursday to Saturday.
4. BBC Radio 3 is celebrating its 70th anniversary with a 1946 music day at the Southbank Centre this Saturday (includes a afternoon vintage tea dance led by Swing Patrol dancers, with live music from the Basin Street Brawlers).
5. The Pearlies will celebrate the harvest at the church of St Mary-le-Bow this Sunday. Go and admire their gorgeous costumes!
♥ Yum ♥
1. London too has Happy Hours – all those are for cocktails!
2. Book a table at Shotgun. We are – the simple idea of corn bread with honey butter made us melt.
3. Ah, the Mondrian and its botanical cocktails. Try the ‘Jimson Blossom’ inspired by Georgia O’Keeffe’s painting: citrus gin, Yellow Chartreuse, coconut, lime and chamomile and passiflora tinctures… and decorated with flowers as if the drink were one of the artist’s canvasses.
4. Love Gaucho’s Argentinian beef? Make it even better – their City branch has blues concerts every Saturday evening.
5. Spice your Sunday up at the Chilli Festival on Old Street.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Try the Southbank Centre’s new family VR tour – you can be any musician of the orchestra… or the conductor!
2. On Saturday, enjoy storytelling and craft workshops at Farmopolis, North Greenwich’s floating garden.
3. A relaxing lunch with kids? Don’t smile, it’s possible at Iberica! Just join for lunch at the week-end – Olé Kids will thrill the kids with stories about Spain, its traditions, its cities and even show them tradition games.
4. Join Design Carousel in Coram’s Fields this Saturday – lots of creative workshops for kids involving clay, 3D printing, music, screenings… and it’s all free!
5. Kensington Gardens are organising a Harvest Festival in their allotment garden this Sunday. You will get a chance to meet the Shire horses, make a bird feeder and even help with digging for the potato crop.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫