No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. The Classic Car Boot Sale is back on Saturday – instead of stalls, the second hand treasures are presented in the boot of vintage cars.
2. Yoga with live classical music? That’s at the Southbank Centre, of course, this Saturday. And it’s free.
4. Halloween is near… On Saturday evening, a torchlit procession will explore Kensal Green Cemetery.
5. To celebrate the launch of the Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Rocking Horse Ballerina shoe, Galeria Melissa in Covent Garden has decorated a whole room in tweed, punk style. You will find a giant shoe in the middle which can be used as a rocking horse, of course!
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. See Bowie on the neon side at the Halcyon Gallery.
2. The largest UK Banksy collection? In Stoke Newington. And yes, you can see it.
3. The horse skeleton on Trafalgar Square’s Fourth Plinth is now gone, replaced by… a big thumb up!
♥ Yum ♥
1. Fancy a wee dram? The whisky show is back!
2. It’s party time at the Camden Town Brewery this Saturday: the freshest pale ale will be poured straight from the tank… Add kids activities, street food, a print shop, live music…
3. Ah, The Mondrian’s botanical cocktails! They also have an afternoon tea on the menu : Elderflower Compressed Cucumber & Burnt Herb Cream Sandwiches, Blackcurrant and Verbena Battenberg Cake, Fluff & Fold Royale cocktail (lemon, basil, cacao liqueur, orange bitters, prosecco). And each selection of treats is matched to a different cocktail…
4. The famous Crosstown doughnuts (Oooh, their sourdough ones!) now have a shop in Shoreditch. More importantly, they’re opened till 10pm week days and until 11pm Fridays and Saturdays!
5. Dominique Ansel (who invented cronuts) finally is opening its London pâtisserie on Friday. Think chorizo or Welsh Rarebit croissant, Frozen Smores, Banofee paella, Cookie shots…
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Enjoy a free screening of Train your dragon at House of Vans this Saturday.
2. Forget TV, tablets and other screens – this Saturday, kids can try stretch yoga at Farmopolis.
3. Plan your next adventure at the Family Travel Show.
4. If the weather is against you, find refuge at The Idol, probably the most beautiful softplay in London. It was, after all, created by Marvin Gaye Chetwynd, a Turner Prize-nominated artist.
5. Try Canary Wharf – the kids should love the Spiegeltent’s driving school on Saturday and the musical adventure, Pepper the monkey and the extraordinary rainbow circus, on Sunday.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫