No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Fans of karaoke will love the giant version at the O2 Academy Islington – the Massaoke.
2. This weekend, you can ride on a Thunderbird taxi for £1.
3. Loved the movie “The school of rock”? Book your tickets for the musical.
4. Every year, Southwark celebrates the autumn harvest. A procession featuring traditional characters (Corn Queene, the Berry Man…) will walk from the Shakespeare Globe to the Borough Market next Sunday. There will also be free apple tasting at the market.
5. Celebrate Diwali in King’s Cross this Sunday: music, street food, chai, rangoli, music, henna, workshops…
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. The Courtauld Gallery’s new exhibition is not to be missed: Rodin and dance or the art of movement is simply stunning.
2. Entry to the Foundling Museum is free this weekend.
3. The National Theatre presents the life of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart on stage.
5. “Restless Energy” – yes, that sums Tony Cragg’s sculptures at the Lisson Gallery quite well.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Where to brunch this weekend? We like the idea of Morito : Moroccan crumpets served with apricot and plum compote, Turkish scrambled eggs cooked with tomatoes and spices…
2. Try Hoxtoberfest on Friday and Saturday on Hoxton Docks – a fun take on Octoberfest, of course with beer, sausages, music and fun. Or try the Meantime Brewery’s super tiny pub – the beer’s free there!
3. Learn to forage in the centre of London – between Charing Cross and Oxford St – on Saturday.
4. Rum fan? You can try more than 400 this weekend at the RumFest…
5. Near Old Street? Try the new Cookie & Milk pop-up there: double chocolate tahini, Oreo-stuffed Nutella… with creamy, almond or Coco Pops flavoured milk.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Learn new skills in Hyde Park this Saturday – like making a rope from nettles without getting stung. Any Bear Grylls to be around?
2. Always wanted to see London from the top of The Shard? Kids go free till October 30.
3. The best afternoon teas for kids are here.
4. On Sunday, children can learn to express their feelings through dance at the Southbank Centre.
5. Under 5s too can have fun – the Southbank Centre is organising a musical workshop just for them.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫