No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Remember, remember, fireworks have to be on your agenda this weekend! Here are the best ones in London.
2. More than a hundred veteran super elegant cars will be on show on Regent Street this Saturday.
3. A new rooftop has just opened: Sliders. On one side, you can play curling, on the other, sing karaoke. Should be quite an atmosphere, right?
4. Be a kid again: there now is a ball pit for adults on Stoke Newington Road – with soul/bass/funk in the background and funky cocktails like the pink shrimp daiquiri and the green pepper Mary.
5. The Royal Albert Hall will be screening Jurassic Park, with the music played on parallel by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Proud Camden celebrates 40 years of Punk with a photography exhibition.
2. Inspired by the Swinging Sixties, the V&A launches a festival of love, peace and music this weekend: stage adaptation of John Lennon’s first book, DJs, live music, workshops for kids, film screenings…
3. Have you heard of the Books on the Underground Project? Even Emma Watson has joined the adventure!
4. The Queen’s Gallery in Buckingham Palace features its new exhibition: images of artists from within the Royal Collection, as well as showcase self-portraits by world-renowned artists, such as Rembrandt, Rubens, David Hockney…
5. November is Rembrance season – Canary Wharf has a touching art trail to do just that.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Click here for luxurious breakfasts in London: omelette or caviar omelettes, waffles, topped with peanut butter and jam, banana brûlée (caramelised bananas), vanilla ice cream, and peanut crunch…
3. Wahaca celebrates the day of the day on Friday and Saturday – with Mexican street food, live lucha libre, concerts, DJ and LOTS of tequila.
5. Indulge in Balthazar’s Bobbi Bown afternoon tea – includes a ‘Hollywood Red Lip Gloss’ kiss, blueberry & lemon ‘Smokey Eye Mascara’, pecan and jasmine ‘Long-Wear Cream Shadow’ macaroon, a rhubarb and ginger ‘Shimmer Brick’ and a coco-citrus ‘EXTRA Balm Rinse’ cheesecake.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Take the kids to “sing, boogie, twist and stomp” at Tots Tune’s free workshop on Granary Square this Saturday.
2. Or try Farmopolis’ yoga workshop on Saturday – perfect for 3 to 6 y.o.
3. The National Maritime Museum will have storytelling sessions and a light processions for kids to celebrate Diwali on Saturday.
5. Rich Mix is organising an African family day this Saturday with storytelling, drumming and short movies.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫