No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Go crazy: there is a “It’s Britney, bitch” party and of course you can dress up. There will even be a photobooth there for memories.
2. Since 1215, the newly elected Lord Mayor of the City of London has travelled from the City to Westminster to pledge allegiance to the Crown. Join The Lord’s Mayor Show this Saturday: the river pageant will be at 9 am, the colourful parade travel across London between 11 am and 2 pm. A fantastic fireworks display will light up the sky over the River Thames from 5pm. To celebrate, the entry to Saint Paul’s cathedral is free all day.
3. Liberty designed their Christmas windows around The Nutcracker this year – they’re gorgeous! You can see a glimpse of all the others here.
4. Winter is coming. A sign: a Games of thrones gallery/pop up has opened on Bethnal Green Road.
5. House of Vans is screening free super hero movies for free this weekend: Hellboy on Friday, The Incredibles/X Men/X Men 2 on Saturday and Superman/Superman 2 on Sunday.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Great tips to get cheaper theatre and musical tickets here.
2. Make a detour to see Bob Dylan’s paintings at the Halcyon Gallery.
3. Love selfies? This mirror exhibition, illuminated by LED messages should delight you.
4. Mise-en-abyme was first installed at the V&A for the London Design Festival 2015. If you missed it at the time, rejoice – it will be at the OXO Tower until February and even better: lit at night.
5. The London Jazz Festival starts this weekend – with lots of free concerts around town.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Forget traditional popcorn – think cauliflower, seaweed, chicken-basil…
2. Unwind to the sounds of One Aldwych’s guitar vocalists, performing classic and contemporary hits, every Friday from 6pm to 11pm. Why not try one of their seasonal cocktails like the Mistletoe Punch (Courvoisier infused with saffron, Grand Marnier, pomegranate and orange juice)?
3. Yum! Helly’s Kitchen will set up their pop up at Old Street station next week and will serve mince pie, gingerbread & mandarin and spiced eggnog s’mores as well as White Russian macaroons…
4. Find out the Borough Market’s little secrets here.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Join the Family Tour of the Parliament on Saturday – on a Gunpowder, Treason and Plot theme of course!
2. Bump Rollerdisco is back on Southbank: roller-skating with a funky retro vibe.
3. To celebrate the Lord Mayor’s show this Saturday, entry to the Bank of England museum will be free. There will be lots of kids activities including face painting inspired by ‘The Wind in the Willows’ characters.
4. Take the kids to see the play Peter Pan goes wrong – an hilarious take on the classic.
5. Tired of Disney movies? Try The Phantom Boy at the Regent Street Cinema instead, on Saturday. The tickets are super cheap too, £1.75.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫