No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Independent boutiques and artists in the East End are having a party this Saturday – there will be mulled cider, art and cooking demos, workshops, live music on Columbia Road, Hackney, Roman Road, Shoreditch. And amazing people to meet!
2. Don’t miss the traditional Pudding Race in Covent Garden this Saturday – the costumes always make it worth it!
3. 8 cool ideas to explore Kensington, around the new Design Museum.
4. Greenwich has a giant Advent Calendar this year! A newly decorated window will be revealed, or “opened”: paper art, models, flowers, paintings.
5. It will snow this weekend in London. We swear! Not everywhere: in Merchant Square.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. If you are looking for exceptional Christmas gifts, go to Turning Earth’s annual winter market. 60 artists will be selling their work directly to you from their studio space in the heart of Hoxton and there will be mulled wine, crepes, live music demos.
2. The “Lost and Found” tour on Saturday explores the past of Bloomsbury: Peter Pan and his lost boys, Captain Coram and his foundlings, a world famous children’s hospital, a Nobel prize winning poet, a stunning Art Deco building which is said to have been the inspiration for a classic children’s toy…
3. Alex Hartley has recreated the ruins of a beautiful but ghost like house in the garden of the Victoria Miro Gallery.
4. How about an Amazing Animations Festival at the Barbican Centre this Saturday?
5. The gorgeous Dennis Sever’s House is decorated for Christmas 18th century style. Not to be missed.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. If you’re a foodie, you already know the Saturday market by the Saatchi gallery, in Chelsea. It will take place over two days this week-end, Sat.-Sun. 11h-17h. After all, delicious treats always make the best gifts! My favourite there are Babelle’s canelés, a French cake that tastes exactly like a crême brûlée.
2. Here are the best Christmas themed cocktails in London (we love the polaroid selfie one).
3. A cake tour of Europe, without having to leave London…
4. At the Nordic Yulefest, you can indulge in alcoholic snowflakes.
5. The famous Coca-Cola truck will stop at the O2 this Saturday and Sunday – free can for each visitor and a short Christmas animation on the truck at night!
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. For the launch of their Vans x Disney • Pixar Toy Story collection, House of Vans is opening an interactive exhibition on Andy’s favourite toys.
2. Kids can try acrobalance, scarf juggling and other circus skills at the Southbank Centre this weekend. They also will have face painting opportunities!
3. Kensington Palace will have a free paper lanterns workshop for kids this Saturday.
4. Your little ones will love “The world beyond the wardrobe” at the Horniman Museum: craft workshop to make their antlers, the opportunity to meet characters in a snowy, a sensory land of colour, smell, warmth and chills, drinking tea with a faun, disguising themselves to creep past the White Queen…
5. Trying to do your Christmas shopping and keep the children happy? Try Canary Wharf – there will be lots of festive craft workshops for them all weekend.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫