No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Trump, president. Is the world doomed to destruction now? Join The Old Queens Head for The End Is Nigh, a Trumpageddon party with a good sense of humour this coming Friday.
2. The Magic Lantern Festival is back in Chiswick Garden, inspired this year by the Silk Road. There will also be a funfair and street food market.
3. Don’t miss the Winter Lights Installation in Canary Wharf – both poetic and futuristic, oh, and did I mention free?
4. Camden off the beaten path (I highly recommend the street art tour).
5. Feel like a kid again at the Museum of Happiness and dive into their giant adult ball pool.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Stephen Turner’s egg shaped boat/studio will be moored at the Trinity Buoy Wharf. Inside is an exhibition presenting drawings, prints, photographs, found objects, works on paper, sculptures and video made by Turner in the last few years.
2. What will be the next artwork on the Fourth Plinth? Have a look at the proposals at the National Gallery.
3. To know everything about the story of tea in London, join this guided tour at Monument this Saturday.
4. Stop by the Tate Britain to see their Paul Nash retrospective.
5. Enjoy an afternoon of acoustic music at Box Park on Sunday.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. A new take on the healthy brunch – Saints & Sinners at the South Place Hotel starts with boxing and yoga before concluding on rewarding treats.
2. The Ham Yard is opening a gin bar on its roof. Wait – by this cold? Yep – they’re serving hot Sipsmith gin cocktails.
3. Never know where to start at the Borough Market – too much choice? Try their new pop-up restaurant: the menu uses ingredients from the market itself.
4. Love it or Hate it? Bill’s now has a Marmite menu which includes a Marmite Bloody Mary and a Marmite rarebit…
5. To celebrate the Chinese New Year, Yauatcha has created a collection of 10 succulent red cakes. Jasmine/honey, smoked tea/dulce de leche, coffee/hazelnut, banana/raisin…
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Let The London Loom teach your little ones how to weave this Saturday.
2. Or the Horniman Museum show them how to make Chinese lanterns.
3. The Unicorn Theatre recreates the story of The Iron Man on stage.
4. Did you know the National Gallery has audio tours and themed trails for families?
5. The Museum of London has a hands on session on Sunday for kids to hold real museum objects.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫