No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
2. Indulge in a 1920ies party at The Vaults this Saturday, dedicated to The Great Gatsby. With jazz, cabaret and cocktails, of course.
3. This tour will take you through every street of Soho – you’ll hear dozens of stories that aren’t in the guidebooks, meet some locals and visit some hidden places well off the tourist trail, drink a few pints too along the way
5. Any superbowl fans around? Here are the best places to see it on a big screen and party this Sunday.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Philip Larkin writes poetry in neon at the Soutbank Centre.
2. Forget crisps – the best vending machine in London sells… art!
3. Many mosques in London will open their doors to everyone on Sunday. Go on. Meet amazing people, ask questions, show your interest, learn something new. It’s the best way to make the world a better place.
4. The Tate Modern is organising a Music and Art Exchange this Sunday with the artist Athena Papadopoulos and the musician Jonatan Leandoer 127. She will create a art work live through the day, he will put music to it in the evening.
5. The Southbank Centre celebrate Stephen Spielberg’s 70th birthday this Sunday: The Philharmonia Orchestra will play the most famous musical passages from his movies.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Harry Potter fans, this is for you – Blind Pig now serves Butterbeer.
2. Try The Harwood Arms, names London’s best gastropub.
3. Slip, slurp and savour wonderful noodle soups at Tang – we’re very fond of the chicken and ginger one.
4. Brilliant: this coffee map of Soho shows you where to find the best Italian atmosphere, cake with your espresso or even a decadent coffee martini…
5. There is a wonderful elegance in themed trolleys, like patisserie ones. One Aldwych introduced an Old Fashion Trolley to their Indigo Bar, meaning they will mix your cocktail by your seat and personnalise it as you wish – the options are endless!
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Kids can fold, draw and cut the Chinese zodiac shapes at the Cutty Sark this weekend.
2. Fancy going to the Harry Potter’s Studios? Their latest theme is Directing Dobby.
3. Saturday is ‘Eat Ice Cream For Breakfast Day’ and Marine Ices will give you 2 scoops for free…
4. House of Vans will screen Zootopia for free this Saturday.
5. The Horniman Museum will have a storytelling workshop for children this Sunday.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫