No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Put your dance shoes on and have the time of your life at the Dirty Dancing evening at the Hoxton Square bar and restaurant this Friday. Expect décor, confetti, disco balls, a 1960s American resort theme with palm trees, coconuts and watermelon cocktails.
2. GoT fan? Artist? Join the themed life drawing class at The Queen of Hoxton this Saturday. The wigwam on their rooftop, already Viking inspired, will present theatrical tableaus depicting the love story of Khal Drogo and his Khaleesi.
3. Ever wanted to get have some bushcraft/campfire skills? Go to Hyde Park on Saturday – you will learn build a fire and light it without matches, cook a simple snack over it and enjoy the magic of storytelling.
4. Nurses know best at the Wellcome Collection – think of it as you-therapy. Nurses with flowers, treats and sweet thoughts will help you relax for a while…
5. BallieBallerson had already made quite a buzz with its pool filled with 250K transparent balls… There is now an upgrade to the experience – UV light to make them glow in the dark! Add a dance floor lit with 10K LEDs and really funky planet inspired cocktails. Only in London, my friend!
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. The London Transport Museum’s Friday Late will focus on Urban Fabric. You will get to create a bespoke bow using fabric that represent London, capture your style with a portrait drawn by illustrator Willa Gebbie, print your own pocket square…
2. Love art? Forget museums, try off the beaten track art galleries instead.
3. Don’t forget looking at your feet when walking through Spitalfields. The location of coal chutes are decorated with metallic disks sculpted to picture the history of the area.
5. Try the Housemaid’s tour at the Charles Dickens museum this Sunday.
♥ Yum! ♥
2. The Gin Festival returns to Tobacco Docks this weekend. A wonderful opportunity to discover 100 extraordinary brands and sip on G&Ts for a small price each…
3. The Rosewood Hotel serves an afternoon tea inspired by London’s vibrant and energetic art scene. This comes with pastries inspired by five of the most iconic modern artists currently represented in London, including Yayoi Kusama, Damien Hirst, Alexander Calder, Banksy and Mark Rothko. Have a look at the pictures on the website – stunning!
4. Love Leon? Their Shaftesbury branch now has a singing staff.
5. Try Bubblewrap funky waffles at the Berwick St Market this Saturday. We love the chocolate-banana-peanut butter one/
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. The Southbank Centre has planned a fun concert for kids this Saturday. Music meets science as we discover the secrets behind the extraordinary sounds of the London Philharmonic Orchestra – with experiments on stage and chances to join in.
2. Lauderdale has a craft workshop for children this Saturday: Tudor ruff, Good Luck Chicken inspired by the good luck charms found bricked into the chimney at Lauderdale House, stick puppets…
4. Try the Shakespeare Globe this Saturday for storytelling and theatre workshops.
5. Rich Mix has a family day special on Sunday – all about African culture. With live music, cinema, dance, games, workshops.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫