No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Burberry’s February 2017 collection found inspiration in the works of Modernist sculptor Henry Moore. Want to know more? Visit their Maker’s House in Soho to see the full range alongside the masterpieces that inspired it. There also will be workshops (printmaking, textile printing, life drawing, watercolour).
2. Movie wise, the Prince Charles Cinema will be screening the Lord of the Rings trilogy this Saturday. They even have a Tim Burton all nighter planned. Oh, and there is a free screening of The Salesman (by Iranian director Asghar Farhadi) on Trafalgar Square this Sunday, hours before Oscars are handed out at the 89th Academy Awards in Hollywood. London’s answer to Trump’s travel ban.
3. Chinatown, Little India… London also has a Portuguese community in Notting Hill. Learn all about it with this guided tour of the area on Saturday.
4. Car lovers will rush to the London classic car show this weekend. 200 brands will be presenting treasures from their collection but the real star this year is Ferrari, celebrating 70 years of road cars.
5. Barnardo’s too celebrates the London Fashion Week… by showing you this Saturday simple hacks that will help you transform an item of clothing into something unique to you and bang on trend.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. The V&A chooses East London to celebrate GAL-DEM this weekend, the online magazine formed of 70 women of colour share their take on the world through the lens of film. Lots of interesting talks, screenings, fun workshops (like the #OscarsSoWhite challenge, where you help create a new canon of film by adding in your favourite women of colour into an interactive movie timeline but also a film DIY one and a VR arcade) to join all weekend
2. Kensington Palace celebrates Diana as a fashion icon in their new exhibition.
3. Night at the theatre at Arts Depot. Their Smoking Gun exhibition will give you a glimpse of the vibrant creative scene that waved goodbye to post-war austerity.
4. Have a look at Tracey Bush’s Natural Histories at Broadgate – herbarium collages but also vitrines and entomology boxes reference the Victorian passion for collecting specimens which she recreates using paper from popular branded packaging.
5. Along its Robots exhibition, the Science Museum present this Saturday a kinetic version of The Last Supper, with 13 robots drinking, smoking and discussing sin, guilt and forgiveness.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. My favourite Indian restaurant at the moment? Cinnamon Bazaar – vibrant with colours and spices, serving amazing chaats. It’s also open for indulgent Indian breakfasts…
2. Can’t wait for Pancake Day? 5 addresses to try French, Syrian, Japanese and Sri Lankan pancakes in London…
3. There is a pop-up cheese café in London this week – complete with a dream decor and a “pay as you want” option… Not only cheese – moon cheese!
4. Nutella addict? How many of these 30 treats have you tried in London yet? We’re huge fans of the Nutella canelés by Babelle!
5. This Saturday, the London Cocktail Club is turning Paradise Row into The Fairground, with tequila candy floss, hot dogs, bunting, balloons and crepes.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. The British Library will have a festival of maps for children this Saturday: storytelling and interactive trails, to musical performances, art making workshops and taster sessions in British Sign Language.
2. Have fun discovering the V&A with a twist this Saturday. You will get to choose a hat and join Clara Button and her brother Ollie on a magical journey around the collections.
3. Take a stroll through the Wetland Centre – the otters there are fed by the warden every day at 11 am and 2 pm.
5. Love interactive theatre? Try Night at the theatre at Arts Depot this Sunday – a mix of dance and imaginative storytelling.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫