No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Remember – we loved Cinnamon Bazaar in Covent Garden. Their big sister, Cinnamon Kitchen offers a cool pop-up to experience the spectacular paint throwing festivities that mark the renowned Indian festival of colour. There will, of course be a festive menu available and funky coloured cocktails. Dishoom too is having a party, at York Hall, this Sunday – the first part is all about family fun, the evening will be with the coloured powders.
2. Daffodils are not only the symbol of spring – they also are the Marie Curie nurses’ emblem. As a tribute to the work they do caring for people with a terminal illness, a pop-up light garden has been planted with 2,100 illuminated daffodils near St Paul’s Cathedral. Particularly pretty at night.
4. Join the Courtyard Theatre this Saturday for a fab 1940ies party with live swing jazz, a taster lindy hop class, and choreographed dance performances.
5. Victoria Coach Station is celebrating its 85th birthday this weekend – stop by to see their favourite vintage buses.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Remember Rebecca Louise Law’s flower installation? She is back in Greenwich with a stunning iris rain one.
2. The Southbank Centre celebrates Women of the World all week-end with Ted Talks like presentations/discussions focusing on Women’s challenges, choices, life today. They also have a nice program of workshop, with some for kids.
3. Stop by the Halcyon Gallery to see Wang Xingtin’s paintings: a blend of traditional Chinese brush work with French impressionism.
4. The world changes so quick… so Central Saint Martins asked its student to reinterpret altered realities through art pieces.
5. This guided tour on Saturday will tell you everything about the life of the suffragettes in London.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Four Winters, famous for their nitrogen ice-cream, has opened a new branch on Portobello Road. To celebrate, they have a breakfast range (a kid’s dream!): the Mango Yoghurt Smoothie Bowl, the Cereal Crunch and the Strawberry Yoghurt Parfait, with granola.
2. MeatMarket sur Covent Garden has new specials on its menu: a hotdog with Hobo beer cheese sauce, South African-style barbecue chicken wings, fried ice cream, even Jägermeister Ripple Ice Cream.
3. The Young Africa Centre is celebrating 60 years of Ghanaian independence. There will be a pop up food market, music and poetry.
5. Crosstown’s apricot-lavender doughnut is to die for. Go, go, go!
2. Children can join a Virtual Reality session at the National Theatre this Saturday,
3. Theatre with twist – with rap! That’s Friends for life at Half Moon this Saturday.
4. Your little ones can learn how to code and create their own hologram at the British Museum this Sunday.
5. Decorating a cookie like an artist? That’s at the Hoxton, this Sunday. Expect edible masterpieces.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫