No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. An express guide to St Patrick’s Day celebrations in London – don’t miss the parade on Sunday! The best Irish whiskey/Guinness inspired cocktails in town are here.
2. Owners of classic car/motorcycle meet once a month on Lower Marsh in Waterloo to show off their treasure possession. Go and have a look this Saturday!
3. Druids in London? Oh yes, to celebrate the spring equinox, this Sunday on Tower Hill Terrace.
4. Spike Lee is 60 – to celebrate, the Rio Cinema will be screening Mo’ Better Blues (Spike Lee’s love letter to jazz) this Sunday, with an immersive jazz performance by musicians who will play improvised music throughout the screening.
5. If you live in Clapham, you probably will see the Where’s Waldo? race this Sunday. And yes, every single participant will be wearing a costume.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Did you know the Science Museum used to have a collection of historical ship models? Photographers Anderson & Low have reimagined them in ethereal, stunning seascapes.
2. Get to know the real Amy Winehouse through photographs taken by her family at the Jewish Museum, then look out for street art celebrating the star though Camden!
3. If you loved the David Hockney retrospective at the Tate, do go and see his digital paintings on iPad at the Annely Juda Fine Art gallery.
4. Proud Chelsea is launching an exhibition featuring unseen photographs of The Beatles.
5. Travel without leaving London this Saturday. This guided tour takes you through an Indian temple and markets and finishes with some delicious chaats.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. The new must for the weekend brunch? The Egg Benedict Burger, served at the Railhouse Café.
2. The sweet pizza trend in London will make your mouth water: drizzled with honey… goat’s cheese-rhubarb… Nutella/mascarpone… Mars or Snickers bar in a calzone…
3. Fancy an original afternoon tea? The Skip Garden will serve it in a yurt this Sunday – complete with Scandinavian sandwiches, handmade cordials, sweet and savoury scones, traybakes and cake.
4. The cutest café in London is in Hackney. Palm vaults has it all: plants, pink marble and irresistible red velvet lattes…
5. Pan-n-nice, famous for their freeze-dried Thai ice-cream served in spirals can now be found at Westfield Stratford.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. The Museum of Docklands has planned a whole weekend celebrating the East End: Pearly kings and queens, Henna temporary tattoos, poetry, African beats, Cockney rhyming slang challenge, Bengali snack making…
2. The National Theatre will show 7-12 years old the backstage secrets of the theatre with a special tour this Saturday. They will learn how lighting and sound design work from a professional technician then create their own designs to bring a scene to life.
3. Let the story of the Velveteen Rabbit, a very shy toy rabbit who longs for nothing more than to become real, melt your heart at the Unicorn theatre.
4. This Saturday, kids can borrow a tablet at the British Museum and virtually paint sculptures as they walk around.
5. Join the Dulwich Picture Gallery’s art workshop this Sunday:
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫