No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Love experimental games? Join the Somerset House’s Now Play This festival. Expect revolutionary and mind wowing ideas! On Saturday , the Board Games Showcase will feature a board game library fully-stocked with a range of familiar favourites and brand new games, including some yet to be publicly released. Adults and kids alike will find mind tickling challenges. The Game Changers exhibition (till April) will give some insight on the creative process behind game design.
2. Try a hip hop workout on the Royal Festival Hall roofs Saturday morning.
3. If you’re around St Paul’s Saturday around 1.30pm, you will probably see the London Games Festival Character Parade. Free to join if you wish, as long as you’re dressed as a video game character.
4. Surreal atmosphere guaranteed at the Twin Peak party Saturday night.
5. Forget Southbank, too touristy: give Southwark a try!
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Follow the Broadgate art trail.
2. Take a look at Talking Pop, a unique collection of graphics, portfolios and original works on paper and canvas by Andy Warhol at the Halcyon Gallery.
3. Slow London – a wonderful tour on Saturday that lets you see how time (from seasonal change to gradual erosion) affects the city.
4. Bravo, Tate Britain, for putting forward Queer British Art.
5. Let Hernández’ palettes of colours wow you at the Miro Gallery.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. If you love hot cross buns, do try Bread Ahead’s doughnut version. Even Nigella Lawson is a fan!
2. The Wild Card Brewery is celebrating the launch of their new Rhubarb Pale Ale, made with a whopping 70kg of fresh rhubarb sourced from New Spitalfields Market and from a local allotment. The party will feature the Feminist Jukebox – a night of music made by women.
4. Milkshakes are for adults too. Click here to find the best boozy ones in London.
5. We love The Vinery‘s concept: you rent a glass, drink some fab wine and pay what you want at the end of the evening.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. The Natural History Museum’s butterfly house is back.
2. Forget chocolate egg hunts. At Hampton Court Palace, you will be searching for Lindt Gold Bunnies.
3. Your little ones will love the Southbank Centre’s music party (hip-hop, funk and disco anthems) on Sunday
4. The National Army Museum challenges children to fun Easter robotics challenges during half term.
5. Kids get a chance to decorate their Easter eggs with fondant, googley eyes, icing writers and sprinkles and even turn them into cute rabbits, chicks… at The Hoxton this Sunday.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫