No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. The Skip Garden (King’s Cross) will hold a May Day Fire Feast this Friday: DJ, dancing around the May Pole and delicious veggie food, including: pizzas from our wood burning oven, spicy tagines, vegetarian BBQ, s’mores & more cooked over the open fire.
2. Are you a Bear Grylls fan? Then go and try his innovative indoor obstacle fitness workout in Croydon. From 12 years old, 4 levels.
3. Join the Vaisakhi festival this Saturday on Trafalgar Square to celebrate Sikh and Punjabi culture: dance, arts, food, famiy activities, turban dying.
4. To celebrate the release of their new album, Blondie is launching a pop-up shop in Camden this Saturday – expect limited edition vinyls, vintage T shirts, merchandising, posters designed by street artist Shepard Fairey and a photo exhibition.
5. Don’t forget Little Venice/Camden’s canal cavalcade this weekend: the narrowboats will be decorated and there will be live music, kids’ activities, Morris Dancers and a real ale bar. Don’t miss the illuminated boat procession on Sunday evening.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Start your weekend with the Natural History Museum’s Late Evening this Friday, dedicated to sounds in nature.
2. Have a look at Annette Messager’s sculptures a.d installations at the Marian Goodman Gallery: feminism with and good dose of black humour guaranteed.
3. The National Gallery puts Rubens and Rembrandt side by side in their latest exhibition.
4. Try the Tate Modern’s immersive workshops this weekend, putting in parallel art works, fragrances and flavours (Saturday/Sunday).
5. Rachel Kneebone’s sculptures at the V&A – piles broken bodies made of porcelain – really are impressive.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. The Canopy Market is back in King’s Cross this weekend (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) – independent designers, music and street food to die for, including my favourite dessert treat: canelés by Babelle.
2. Cheers! There will be a giant Beer Fest, Bavarian style, in Mile End Park.
3. The Operation Red Rocket supperclub will transport you to the year 1965 at the ‘British National Space Laboratory’… The idea? A retro-futuristic 5 course dinner inspired by the ’60’s view of ‘the future’.
4. Have a soupçon of Virtual Reality with your cocktail at One Aldwych. Their new cocktail, The Origin (Dalmore 12-Year-Old Whisky, Merlet Soeurs Cerises cherry liqueur, fresh grapefruit juice, chocolate bitters and Lallier Champagne) comes with an immersive experience transporting you instantly to Scotland.
5. Ooooooh – there is a Margarita festival this Sunday. Followed by a public holiday. Just saying.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. There will be cool (and free!) storytelling and creative workshops at the SLG’s Children Book Fair (Friday-Saturday) as well as the chance for the kids to meet both authors and illustrators.
2. Try the new Flip Out Trampoline Park in Brent Cross – they have a ninja adventure and a laser maze.
4. The Institute of Imagination presents ‘lab live: reality’ in partnership with Rolls-Royce ‘lab live: reality’ in partnership with Rolls-Royce this Monday. 6-14 years old wil get a chance to fly drones, 3D print their own design, try a few VR experiences, interact with holograms, see a super sonic car and more.
5. Take the little ones to the Kentish Town City Farm this Monday: games, craft, pony rides, goat grooming, treasure hunt, maypole…
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫