No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. There’s Karaoke. And then there’s the party version, Massaoke with giant screens and everyone singing together. The next one is this Friday at the O2 Academy Islington. The theme? 80s v 90s!
2. The Queen of Hoxton has switched its rooftop from a summer theme, Neverland. Forget Vikings, it’s all about pirates and mermaids now!
3. Listen to dazzling acoustic music in a gothic Chapel and dance in a secret garden to live DJ in Soho this weekend.
4. Find real gems at the #SheInspiresMe car boot sale this Saturday – designers, fashion companies and stylists have cleared out their wardrobes. Brilliant opportunity to wow your friends.
5. Fascinated by Selfridges? The department store now organises behind the stage tours on Sundays, which include breakfast, lots of anecdotes and a glass of champagne.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. A Migration Museum has opened in Lambeth – touching, overwhelming pictures each with a few lines trying to give you a sense of a whole life…
2. Street art in a museum? Yes: the Dulwich Picture Gallery has invited Phlegm and R.U.N to decorate the fences around their future summer pavilion.
3. Stop at the Gagosian Gallery to understand why Picasso was so fascinated with bulls, matadors and minotaurs.
4. The Whitechapel Gallery has a fascinating collection of artists’ self portraits on show – think Louise Bourgeois, André Breton, Tracey Emin, Gilbert & George, Yayoi Kusama…
5. Enjoy the London Craft Week – there are so many opportunities to meet amazing artists around town and even workshops to join: the passion of making with Mulberry, bespoke leather and tailoring with Dunhill…
♥ Yum! ♥
3. If you only try one thing – make it Le Bao’s goats cheese/caramelised onion/crispy shallots bun. Oh my! You can find them at the Broadway Market this Saturday,
4. Raise your glass at Sin Gusano, London’s only Mezcal tasting room.
5. Botanical cocktails around a campfire? That would be at the Midnight Apothecary, the Brunel Museum’s secret garden.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Gosh!, Soho’s comic books and manga shop will have a kids workshop this Saturday. There even will be window painting with artists.
2. Take the kids to the Imperial Festival. It’s all about science and new technology explained to children with live music, fascinating talks and creative workshops on top. They will learn about everything from the gadgets that could revolutionise the home of tomorrow to robots that fly, clean your home, perform surgery, and drive our cars via how science improves our food…
3. House of Vans reopens this weekend with a fun family weekend: board wax and scented candle making workshop, print yourself some custom grip tape, skate and BMX jam, free screening of Moana and Minions…
4. Have a look at ShopUp, a market featuring children’s designers at the Truman Brewery. The little ones can make flower crowns and decorate windmills while you go through the collections.
5. Try the Baby Show at the Unicorn Theatre, a sensory performance with captivating images and intriguing sounds for the little ones.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫