No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Need a dose of escapism but have no time nor budget to leave London? Try Neverland, a summer beach along the Thames in Fulham. Add palmtrees, swings, street food and BYOB option. Even better, they will mix cocktails for you for a small price as you’re bringing the main ingredient.
2. How could you resist Drive Dead Slow, part of the Merge Festival? Bumper cars have been fitted with sensors, sound systems and lights then decorated by artists. And yes, you get to drive them… in a disused fire station, no less.
3. Clowns too have their festival… but forget red noses! Modern clowns mix theatre, cabaret and so many styles…
5. Click here to see where to watch Eurovision in London (and party!).
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Not to be missed: the Pink Floyd exhibition at the V&A. Expect an an immersive, multi-sensory journey featuring the music, iconic visuals and staging of the band, from the 1960s to today.
2. Do make a detour via the Tate Modern too: their Giacometti retrospective features more than 250 pieces, including his famous elongated figures.
3. As part of the Dulwich Festival, 200 local artists will open their studio to the public this weekend.
4. My favourite exhibition this week? Theodore Bradley’s (ex street artist now full time star) at the Maddox Gallery: he applies colourful Dia de Los Muertos style masks to celebrities’ portraits (Karl Lagerfeld, the Queen, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Kate Moss…). It’s vibrant, it’s funky, it’s inspiring.
5. Ben Russell has turned the Hignell Gallery into a stunning conservatory, mixing plants and marble cacti.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Hotel Café Royal has created rainbow croissants. Wow.
2. Forget burgers – kebabs are the new craze. Better, juicier than ever! Babek, on Brick Lane, serves them with cocktails.
3. Pizza Pilgrims is opening a new branch in Canary Wharf – with a terrace, bocce ball, Mario Kart, pinball…
4. This way to find the best Bubble Teas in London.
5. A new speakeasy, named Tea Room, has opened in Soho. On the menu? Chinese spirits, wine and beers not usually available in Europe.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Marvel at the miniature mansions, furniture, cars featured at the Kensington Doll House Festival (Friday-Saturday)
2. House of Vans will screen The Lego Movie for free this Saturday.
3. Have fun at Covent Garden’s May Fayre this Sunday, which celebrates Punch & Judy: puppet shows, workshops, folk music, Maypole dancing and clowns.
4. Take babies and toddlers to King’s Place. Far, far, away is a wonderful introduction to classical music, an invite to wander in a lavender garden, wiggle with worms and snooze to the music of a twinkling firefly.
5. The London Aquarium has a new jellyfish gallery featuring the very elegant Moon Jellyfish, the surprising upside down jellyfish who love to sun bathe, the Sea Nettle jellyfish with their long tentacles that never seem to tangle…
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫