No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Pop Brixton is celebrating their second birthday – party time, my friends! There will be DJs Friday evening, a one-day festival on Saturday (music, performances, giant cakes, photo booths and more) and a fantastic brunch inspired by Ghanaian cuisine on Sunday.
2. Sci-fi fan? Wander Into the unknown – the Barbican’s new exhibition. Includes visions of Jules Verne’s worlds, an odyssey into our solar system, vintage artwork promoting Soviet visions of space, a gallery of aliens, iconic spacesuits (some from Star Trek and Interstellar!)… There even is and an installation from the creators of Black Mirror, recreating the 15 Million Merits episode.
3. Need fresh air? Have a picnic at Paddington’s floating garden (you can even rent a boat to explore the canals, even go to Little Venice). Or enjoy the vibrant colours of rhododendrons, in full bloom around London. Or find your inner peace at this Japanese Zen garden, hidden in a Buddhist temple and open exceptionally this Saturday.
4. The urban beach season is open!
5. London’s first airport wasn’t Heathrow but Croydon. Its micro museum will open to the public this Sunday – a fab opportunity to see the oldest Air Traffic Control Tower in the world.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Last chance to see the David Hockney exhibition at the Tate! It’s proved so successful that the museum will stay open till midnight this weekend.
2. Love historical houses? Have you been to the Banqueting House yet?
4. Try Brockley Street Art Festival for an effusion of cool murals and funky pieces.
5. The Design Museum dedicated its latest exhibition to Cartier – a wonderful tribute to the man behind the jewellery brand.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Kerb’s Noshville festival – a two day celebration of Americana food, drink and live music – is back on Granary Square with 11 of the most deep South menus, music by the Suffolk-based Maverick Music Festival and line dancing.
2. Here East’s Canalside is celebrating its first birthday with free tequila and £1 bellinis this Saturday.
3. Try pão de queijo, delicious Brazilian cheese bread at the Druid Street Market.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Make a detour via the Dalston Children Festival on Saturday: craft, theatre, games, book swap…
3. It’s irresistible: Maxwell’s now serves unicorn freakshakes.
4. There’s a free screening of Sing at House of Vans this Saturday.
5. Kids can make their own synthesizer at the V&A this weekend.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫