No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Old Spitalfields Market’s Night Market will host a Campfire Session Friday evening. The evening will include a ride in from the Royal Enfield bikers, live performances, DJs playing music, a biker themed retro photo booth, a vintage exhibition and street food
2. A Naked Bike Ride in London this Saturday? Yes – and it does take place every year. Think of it as a protest against oil dependency, a way to remind you cyclists are actually quite fragile in all that crazy traffic. Add a 60ies vibe – body paints, slogans written straight on the skin. All the details are here – there are 7 points of departures, all itineraries then merging around Westminster Bridge.
3. Lee Bestall’s Chelsea Flower Show garden, which won a silver medal this year, has been moved to Covent Garden for the summer. Yes, apple tree included…
4. It’s party time at the Southbank Centre on Saturday, inspired by the Caribbean Carnival spirit. Expect kiddies jump up, steel band, classic soca jam session, limbo, carnival costume display, traditional carnival characters, West Indian food and a full day of fun.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Grayson Perry is back and his new show at the Serpentine, inspired by his childhood, his experience as transvestite, his political and religious views is already a talking point.
2. Kalle Mustonen’s large-scale wooden sculpture The Gnome King at the Southbank Centre is inspired by a story from Finnish folklore. Bonus: visitors are invited to step inside and view it as a shed-like hideaway.
3. The House of Illustration presents the UK’s first exhibition of architectural backdrops from classic anime films, including Ghost in the Shell.
4. Need a colour boost? Let Joel Shapiro’s geometrical sculptures at the Pace Gallery cheer you up.
5. Join the Night Walk this Saturday and see nocturnal London through Dickens’ eyes.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Gin lovers, go straight to Junipalooza at Tobacco Dock: a festival dedicated to your favourite tipple… No less than 55 brands will be present, including our favourite, Half Hitch – 100% made in Camden!. A fab opportunity to sample a wide range of G&Ts and Negroni.
2. More of a wine person? Then try the Wine Car Boot Sale in King’s Cross (free entry) this Saturday. 30 of London’s best wine retailers, The Oystermen, Androuet’s Mobile Cheese & Wine Disco and the canal nearby as a great place to picnic.
3. Square Pie and Meat liquor have created a new hybrid – the Dead Hippie. That’s minced beef, topped with melted cheese and wrapped in pastry. And a special secret sauce on the side.
4. Deep fried halloumi. In Camden Market. Oh my.
5. You can now dip your own choc ice at Pierre Marcolini’s. There are 6 flavours to choose from (Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel, White sesame, Mango, Raspberry) and rather fab toppings to match (Milk chocolate and almond, Dark chocolate and cocoa nib, Milk chocolate, toasted hazelnut and fleur de sel, Smoked dark chocolate, White chocolate and toasted coconut, White chocolate and toasted sesame).
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
2. As part of the London Festival of Architecture, 3 life size, geometrical, surprising sandcastles have been built in front of the Design Museum, at Tavistock Gardens, and at Duke of York Square. Inspiration guaranteed for your next holidays on the beach…
3. Oh! There is a “Pay what you want” Harry Potter tour in London.
4. London Riviera is back by Tower Bridge – what a holiday vibe! Stop by this Saturday, they will have breakdancing demos.
5. Cecile Sharp House has a Family Barn Dance session this Sunday. No experience needs and lots of fun involved.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫