No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. House of Vans will be screening Whitney for free this Friday.
2. The Greenwich+Docklands International Festival is still one. There will be amazing choreographies this Saturday – fluid, hypnotising, sensual, funny, dynamic, innovative… Quite a program to choose from. Expect giant puppets, lit with LED-lit, walking through the town in the evening.
3. London goes rainbow colours this weekend so go and join the Pride – parade, parties, music, exhibitions, movies… Take your pick.
4. Celebrate Eid on Trafalgar Square this Sunday: contemporary and traditional acts from across the world, food celebrating Moroccan to Malaysian cuisine, calligraphy, craft, family activities…
5. Always wanted to learn how to dance tango? Try the free lesson this Sunday at the Old Spitalfields Market then join the dance floor!
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Join the Night Art on Saturday – think of it as an art crawl, amazing contemporary pieces all over London and a great way to (re)discover the capital’s wonderful art galleries and beautiful buildings (including Tower Bridge bascule chamber and the Masonic Temple).
2. Hundreds of paper birds flying in Burlington Arcade, how poetic! Part of the installations for the Mayfair Art Weekend.
3. The V&A is having a party! With Reveal, all weekend, you can discover the new public areas and gallery spaces of the V&A Exhibition Road Quarter. There will be a series of art and design commissions, performances, fashion shows, and family activities.
4. Every summer, the City installs new sculptures right there, in the streets, for everyone to enjoy. This even includes a Damien Hirst piece this year! You can see a few pics here and get a map to find them all here.
5. Want more? Then try Frieze Sculpture, 25 pieces to discover through Regent’s Park.
6. Follow Jimi Hendrix’s steps through London with this guided walk on Saturday.
7. Not to be missed: Woody Allen and his New Orleans Jazz Band at the Royal Albert Hall this Sunday.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Did you know London has its very own mead, by Gosnells? We love the orange blossom honey one.
2. If you are a food adventurer, dare to try the tofu-ants sorbet or the artichoke ice cream.
3. Dishoom King’s Cross celebrates Eid this Sunday with live music, incredible street food, Indian sweets, kids activities…
4. The Magnum pleasure pop-up is back in Covent Garden for the summer. You will get two choose two layers of chocolate, a coulis and toppings. Icing on the cake (well, ice-cream): the boutique was designed by Moschino this year.
5. London’s best doughnuts and cronuts? Crosstown and St John, no doubt, for me. Which ones do you go for?
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Take the little ones to Pram Jam, a magical, musical, multi-sensory journey at the Southbank Centre.
2. Go with the Wetland Centre’s warden to feed the otters.
3. The Somerset House, inspired by their Perfumes exhibition, will have a family workshop themed on the mighty nose this Saturday.
4. The Museum of London has family tours.
5. Regent’s Streets traffic days are back every Sunday of July. There will be quite a festive atmosphere and family activities too: a living wildlife maze decorated with beautiful birds, bees and butterflies… Minions coming to say hello to the kids….
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫