No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Party by the Thames, near London bridge this Friday. Club de Fromage is celebrating their 10th birthday at London Riviera so expect confetti, sing-alongs, dance-offs, and of course the best in pop, power ballads, disco, indie and more.
2. Or try Camden’s Blues Kitchen this Friday: the resident band will play its tribute to David Bowie.
3. Love adventure? Try Zip World – a 225-metre zip wire descent in central London. Will you dare jumping from the 35 m high tower?
4. To conclude its 2107 edition, the Greenwich + Docklands Festival invites you to join enormous colour-wheels rolling through the streets of Woolwich this Saturday evening.
5. Some restaurants, disappointed in the basic/disappointing pictures of their dishes on social media, decided to stop customers from take photos of their meals. Dirty Bones (Soho) prefers to lend you a kit with LED light, a portable charger, a clip-on lens and a tripod selfie stick.
6. The Borough Market will celebrate Bastille Day a little in advance on Sunday 09. And yes, there will be a chance to play pétanque, listen to traditional guinguette music and even the traditional waiters’ race.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Not to be missed: a kaleidoscopic floral installation at Galeria Melissa in Covent Garden. All in neon colours with 400 paper flowers of all sizes…
2. Have you seen Daniel Buren’s piece at Tottenham Court station yet?
3. You might think the concept of recycling so recent… For centuries items have been carefully altered or broken down to be reused! The Museum of London has quite an interesting exhibition on the subject and some of the repaired pieces are quite a piece of art.
4. The Bernard Jacobson Gallery has a dozen original works by Matisse on show at the moment.
5. There was, during WWI, a British Army hospital run entirely by women – the only one, too. Learn all about it near Covent Garden this Saturday.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Try Himalayan cuisine in Spitalfields.
2. Comida Fest’s Latin South American street food market will be by the Cutty sark this weekend – 12 stalls, music, dance, family activities and even a Frieda Kalho menu on Saturday to celebrate her 110th anniversary.
3. Balls & Company celebrate Pride with a stunning rainbow pavlova, complete with edible glitter – available from this Saturday to the end of July.
4. Wimbledon has inspired mind wowing desserts, ice creams, cocktails, afternoon teas this year. Click here to find where to watch the matches on a big screen in London.
5. Monday is national Piña colada day. It gives you just enough time to try a few versions of the cocktails and decide which one is London’s best Piña colada.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. On Saturday, the Museum of London will show the little ones how to make amazing fish, origami style.
2. Your little knights will love Etham Palace’s medieval joust this weekend: falconry, archery, family activities, tales, music and dance…
3. On Saturday, the Castellers de Sagrada Familia will meet with Castellers of London to build human towers, quite an impressive act.
4. Merchant Square provide some fun giant games for kids – completely free to use: Giant Jenga, Connect4 and more. They also have (free) pétanque kits for grown-ups to borrow.
5. The Southbank Centre will have a fun opera workshop for children on Saturday. Who said culture was boring?
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫