No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. The London Transport Museum’s Friday Late evening explores the secrets, scandals and history of London’s Theatreland. Add to this mini opera performances, masquerade mask or fan workshop, and a carnival make sup by Urban Decay.
2. Discover Burlington Arcade’s little secrets.
3. Not be missed, the Chap Olympiad this Saturday: a day-long party, with fun-loving eccentric gentlemen and ladies in Victorian themed costumes, complete with games, live music and Bourne & Hollingsworth’s trademark cocktails.
4. Try your hand at tennis… VR style at Broadgate this weekend.
5. Love street art? Don’t miss the demo at the Whitecross Street Party this Saturday.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Enjoy free opera on a big screen this Friday in quite a few places around London – Trafalgar Square and London Riviera, for example.
2. Pretend you are an astronaut at the Science Museum.
3. What happens to the extensive number of gifts given to the Queen? They are all kept preciously – a fascinating collection is on show at Buckingham Palace at the moment.
5. With Wounded at Lazarides, Juan Miguel Palacios explores what lies behind someone’s smile.
♥ Yum! ♥
2. Cheers! Click this way for London’s bubbliest cocktails.
3. Alternatively, raise your glass at this cider festival on Saturday.
4. How sweet – Dominique Ansel has created a very French looking religieuse for Bastille day.
5. Try an Ice Cream Burger (you read that right) at the Old Spitalfields Market this weekend.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Try a storytelling session with a twist this Saturday at the Southbank Centre: through singing! Free.
2. Join a fascinating walk through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens wild meadows on Saturday. Kids will get to use a sweep net to capture a host of different invertebrates and discover the secret life of bugs.
3. Take the little ones to the Lambeth Country Show this weekend. There will be mini farms, sheep shearing, sheep dog and owl displays.
4. Hampton Court is holding a fascinating medieval joust this weekend.
5. Le Greenwich World Cultural Festival returns to Eltham Palace this Sunday with a stunning afternoon of free dance, theatre, music and circus for families.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫