No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. The National Theatre’s free, outdoor River Stage is back! Expect fun, jams, extravagance every weekend till the end of August.
3. Learn to sing a few sea shanties at the Southbank Centre this Saturday – the musical workshop is free.
4. You knew The Shard for its fantastic view over London. How about trying their Virtual Reality experience, a mind wowing slide ride from the top of the tower?
5. Looking for a romantic address in London? Try La Maison Saint Germain, a new pop up bar on Soho Square: the ceilings, corridors, stairs are covered in flowers…
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. The Postal Museum is opening its door this week, finally revealing the famous Mail Rail, this tunnel used to transfer letters and parcels quicker from one side of the city to the other. And yes, you can now ride it…
2. For street art lovers: Ben Eine created a colourful mural in Shoreditch, honouring Grenfell Tower victims.
3. London’s Royal Parks used to be private hunting grounds. They were also used for military training during the two world wars. What a transition! Have a look at the exhibition at Pall Mall Galleries retracing their history – there are quite a few unexpected pictures.
4. Discover the presence of India in Bloomsbury with a tour rich in anecdotes this Saturday: Princess-spy, suffragette, Nobel prize…
5. Remember Evita, the movie with Madonna and Antonio Banderas? It also is a famous musical by Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice – and it’s back in London.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. The most beautiful London brunch is served at Dokke, in St Katharine Docks.
2. The Old Spitalfields Market is hosting a halal street food festival this Friday and Saturday.
3. Do you have a sweet tooth? Then go straight to Columbia Rd this Saturday for the #BakeForSyria street party. It will feature some of the country’s very best bakeries, chefs and street food (Lily Vanilli, Dominique Ansel, The boy who bakes, Babelle canelés) and DJs. Indulge: it’s for a good cause.
4. An ice cream bus (you read that right: bus, not van) will be distributing free scoops through London this weekend.
5. Mixology, music, poetic background, BBQ, blending masterclasses… That would be Cocktails in the City, gathering the most iconic Mayfair institutions and speakeasies in Bedford Square Gardens.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Wander in Bompas & Parr’s Future Forest at Westfield Stratford. Kids can zorb on a mini laguna and even walk in a fruit flavoured mist… Free.
2. Lego fan? Brick Live is back at Excel this weekend: giant constructions, graffiti wall, pits filled with thousands of bricks for your own masterpieces, Minecraft and Star Wars zone, racing tracks and more.
3. Check out the new exhibition at the Harry Potter Studios – the costumes featured in the movies, from the Hogwarth uniforms to the wizards’ robes.
4. Kids can join a free clay workshop at the Southbank Centre this Saturday and create a seaside inspired masterpiece.
5. If you like Quentin Blake’s drawings, check out his latest theme at House of Illustrations: birds.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫