No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Join a free hip-hop dance and parkour workshop at the Southbank Centre on Friday
2. Don’t be a tourist – explore London. Rent a little boat, a canoe or go crazy and get yourself a flotaing tubRent a little boat, a canoe or go crazy and get yourself a floating tub. Yes, that’s a thing.
3. Join One New Change’s Silent Disco on Saturday and party on a rooftop!
4. The star of the weekend? The Notting Hill Carnival of course!
5. Mermaid yoga is a thing. Try it this Sunday on the Queen of Hoxton rooftop – glitter paint included, of course.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Start your weekend with a music concert around a campfire… How perfect is that?
2. Treat yourself to a travel through time with gladiators’ games at the Museum of London.
3. Have a look at the street art demos all weekend at the Southbank Centre
4. Get your heart racing at the Frightfest festival on Leicester Square – horror movies galore!
5. Jacqueline Ayer, a former Vogue Illustrator, present her magical vision of Thailand at the House of Illustration.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. The Greenwich market finds inspiration in exotic carnival flavours this Friday. Bonus: free rum punch, salsa lessons, Steel Pan Drum try outs, Carnival Headdress workshop, face painting for children. Then take a stroll and rediscover the area, so many gems there!
2. Aperol serves free Spritz cocktails on Southbank every day at 5 pm till Monday… Cheers!
3. London celebrated its National Burger Day this week and these creations definitely should be on your to-devour-list this weekend.
4. Crosstown’s new doughnut flavours are to die for: coconut-mandarin, yuzu-passionfruit, kiwi-apple, beetroot-lemon thyme…
5. Foodies alert! If you haven’t had a dirty ice-cream yet, rush to Mamasons in Camden and get yourself a fews scoops of black coconut, ube, matcha, calamansi ice-cream, preferably in a toasted milk bread…
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Lego launches its Lego Police meets Lego Ninjago missions for kids this weekend. Families can get a pack and briefing from the Mission Base (near the London Eye) and try to solve as many challenges as possible: the formidable Fire Wall, the wicked Water Fight, the all-mighty Power Up and the intense final mission, The Last Stand… It’s all free.
2. Broadgate has a (free) kid friendly art trail to discover the many, many fun sculptures in the are – you can download the map here.
3. Kids have their own silent disco at Selfridges this Saturday – complete with glitter and colourful feathers for a full carnival effect.
4. The Living Art Festival will have lots of family activities this Saturday: African Drumming and Storytelling, clay sculpting, weaving, book making…
5. Master cartoonist Gary Northfield (The Beano, The Dandy) introduces the hilarious world of Julius, a Roman Gladiator zebra at the Somerset House this Saturday.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫