No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Stephen King fans, book your tickets for Screamfest this Friday: IT will be screened at the Rio Cinema and the audience (that means YOU) will be dressed up as clowns. There will be professional make-up artists on site too.
3. Looking for a thrilling time? Try wakeboarding at the Royal Victoria Dock.
4. Join the Silent Disco at The Shard this Saturday – dancing with a view!
5. Take a torchlit tour of Kensal Green Cemetery on Sunday – there will be ghost stories!
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. The Barbican pays tribute to Basquiat with an impressive retrospective of his art.
2. Discover Nicolas Hick’s fantasy animals and mythical monsters sculpted in clay for the Flowers Gallery.
3. Don’t miss Katharina Grosse’s sprayed rainbow, street art style in the deliciously classic white room of the South London Gallery. Simply stunning.
5. The Royal Academy put Dali and Duchamp’s genius and sense of humour side by side.
6. Take an autumn walk through Kew Gardens – there are 70 giant sculptures to see!
♥ Yum! ♥
2. 5 fantastic Turkish restaurants in London to delight all foodies.
4. A pop-up shop celebrating Mooncakes, these delicacies filled with red bean or sesame paste served for the mid-autumn festival, has opened in Chinatown.
5. Good news: the Old Spitalfields Market now had its own food court. Even better: Babelle, famous for its canelés, has just opened a permanent stall there. Go and try their latest flavour, strawberry and fresh fig!
6. Chocolate afternoon tea, chocolate cocktails, chocolate menus… 10 fantastic cacao based menus to enjoy this week in London.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. The new Turbine Hall installation at the Tate Modern features swings for everyone to use. And it’s free – what’s not to love?
3. Take your little ones to Back to Bach this Saturday, a classical music concert for toddlers. It’s free for children too!
4. House of Vans is screening Night at the museum this Sunday. Free.
5. The V&A organises kids trails through the museum.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫