No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Fancy seeing the Northern Lights without leaving London? Try the Southbank Centre’s VR experience.
2. Have fun at the Hamburg on tour pop-up this Friday and Saturday in Shoreditch: there are free (coffee, street art, craft beer…) workshops, live music, screenings…
3. Get ready for Halloween: the Prince Charles Cinema has a horror movie marathon this Saturday. Friday 13th, Alien, The Exorcist…
4. Royal Academy of Arts is throwing a Manhattan party this Saturday evening, inspired by the underground New York arts scene of the ‘60s and ‘70s. Expect alternative music and art, a disco, a Jasper Johns themed workshop, cocktails and street food.
5. Lululemon in Spitalfields Market offers a free yoga lesson on Sunday mornings.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. I’m a huge fan of Rebecca Louise’s flower art: the blooms dry as the day pass, bringing a brand-new palette of colours… Don’t miss her extraordinary floral garlands at Kew Gardens.
2. Sutton House, a stunning National Trust house, is the stage to a theatre play perfect for this Halloween season – Dracula.
3. The House of Illustration presents the work of political cartoonist Gerald Scarfe (to be followed by a cocktail at the Scarfes Bar)
4. See stunning sex club facades painted by Tal R. at the Victoria Miro Gallery.
5. Annie Leibovitz presents her latest photography book – which includes portraits of Leonard Cohen, Jeff Koonz, Barack Obama… – at the Southbank Centre this Sunday.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Winter is near! The Cheese Bar in Camden is now serving an amazing raclette, based on blue cheese.
2. The Southbank Centre is cooking you a Nordic Feast this weekend.
3. The Borough Market celebrates apples this Sunday: demos, games, peeling competition, folkloric characters, choir, Morris Dancing…
4. Proud Camden has its own OktoberFest – lederhosen, sausages and beer await.
5. Indulge in a Halloween afternoon tea at the Royal Lancaster.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. The Unicorn Theatre is holding a space race! They will help you build the best rocket pack ever then ship you off to collect moon rocks. Weekend adventure: sorted.
2. The House of Illustration presents 50 years of children’s books by Quentin Blake and John Yeoman.
3. Kids will love the wizard school family workshop at the Skip Garden this Saturday.
4. Join Rich Mix’s “Think big, draw big” drawing adventure on Sunday – kids can experiment in a room full of materials.
5. Take the children to a special screening of The Gruffalo at the Southbank Centre: the London Philharmonic Orchestra is in charge of the music.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫