No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Wahaca celebrates the day of the dead in the Waterloo tunnels this Friday and Saturday: Mayan jungle, a re-creation of the Cemetery Panteon General in Oaxaca, performances of poetry and songs, award winning Mexican short films, Mezcal, Mexican street food and DJ.
2. Remember, remember the 5th of November… Lots of fireworks and bonfires this weekend in London!
3. Roof East has reopened for winter – think sliding (a version of bowling), 80’s neon retro-chic ski lodge bar and glass igloo where you can meet with friends but still enjoy the city’s lights.
4. Skylight has a surprise for you: the first London ice rink on a rooftop.
5. Did you ever see Prince in concert? Then don’t miss the exhibition My name is Prince at The O2, featuring guitars, stage costumes…
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Damien Hirst had once compared September the 11th to art… The Imperial War Museum follows up on the idea with its new exhibition: “Age of terror: art after 9/11“. Grayson Perry and Ai Weiwei count amongst the 50 artists presenting their interpretation.
2. Take a walk around Paddington Central: the area features so many sculptures! You will find a map for the public art trail here.
3. Fan of the Big Thumb on Trafalgar Square? Stop at Halcyon to see other pieces by the artist, Lorenzo Quinn.
4. See stunning vintage cars on show at the Regent Street Motor Show on Saturday.
5. Enjoy a Twilight Tour of the Tower of London this Sunday.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. The Geffrye Museum will be hosting a cheese festival this week end: artisans, tastings, decadent grilled cheese sandwiches, raclettes and craft beer.
2. Paul has now launched a mince pie croissant.
3. Twumps, the anti-Trump bar is back! Expect good puns, Mexican dishes and awesome cocktails: Nuclear Negroni, Mexican Wall Margarita and the Moscow (#theelection). Profits go to charities who specialise in social justice and human rights issues. Coolest way to fight the guy!
4. Air Canada has opened a poutine pop-up in Shoreditch (YAY!).
5. Doughnut Time, the famous Australian brand, has just opened their first shop in London. Expect flavours such as maple bacon, watermelon, cookie dough…
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Kids will love the Pluck & Hug installation at Paddington Central: oversized bulbs that just love to be hugged. The stronger you squeeze, the greater the glow.
2. Explore the underground world of badgers in Kew Garden’s life-sized sett.
3. Families can enjoy a Diwali craft workshop at the Cutty Sark this weekend.
4. Children can make clay pots at the National Gallery this Sunday.
5. The Royal Albert Hall will have a jazz for kids session this Sunday.
♪♫♪♫ Click on the map to see where the events are! ♪♫♪♫