No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. This Saturday, London celebrates the new Lord Mayor with an extraordinary parade through the Square Mile, a river pageant and spectacular fireworks.
2. Syon Park has lit up its park with enchanting colours for the festive season.
3. The Southbank Centre celebrates Finnish culture by opening a rooftop sauna.
4. Otherworld is a new generation video game arcade – think immersive experiences or VR!
5. Broadgate has a new pop-up cinema – in tipis.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Join the V&A for a weekend dedicated to opera: performances, screenings, dress up and singalong workshop, masquerade mask-making class…
2. Did you know Crystal Palace still has a public air raid shelter? For Remembrance Day (Saturday), a special afternoon with poets, musicians, story teller will be organised in this unique London setting.
4. The jeweller Bentley & Skinner has super gems on show for its Farbergé and the Russian Revolution exhibition.
5. Kew Gardens organises tours presenting the story of the park through the two world wars.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Byron launches the UK’s cheesiest burger with 6 different kinds of cheese, one being a sauce to pour on top. Oh my.
2. Chef Antonio Carluccio’s passed away this week, aged 80. Why not stop at one of his restaurants to (re)discover his generous Italian dishes?
3. Halloumi fries are trendy. But did you know Oli Baba, in Camden Market, was the first to serve them in London?
4. Try Cotton’s (Vauxhall branch) Caribbean brunch: Arubian jerk chicken tacos, fried plantain, ackee…
5. After the Mince Pie croissant (by Paul). London now has a Christmas Pudding doughnut.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Ministry of sounds organises a Rave-a-roo for families this Saturday: DJs, disco ball games, confetti, neon craft, UV tattoo station and more.
2. This week’s ice rink? Broadgate’s, Nordic forest themed.
3. One of my favourite London places to take the kids is the Puppet Theatre Barge in Little Venice: the shows are always stunning. They have adapted the hare and the tortoise fable this week – give it a try.
4. Join the Museum of London’s family walk this Saturday to learn more of London in Roman times.
Click on the map to see where the events are!