No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Hyde Park Winter Wonderland is back. Fun fair rides, ice sculptures, shows, karaoke, ice bar… There is something for everyone.
2. Reyka Vodka is bringing Icelandic vibes to Hackney this weekend – street art demonstrations and Nordic feast!
3. 50 artists around South East London are opening their studio to the public this weekend.
4. Join the Blues Kitchen in Shoreditch for an evening of rock’n’soul Saturday.
5. A Mont d’Or fondue on a winter rooftop, complete with a view on St Paul’s? That’s at Madison, at One New Change.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. Dennis Sever’s house is all dressed up for Christmas.
2. Lucinda Rogers has illustrated Dalston’s gentrification at the House of Illustration.
3. Pussy Riots fan? They are included in the Saatchi Gallery’s latest exhibition on art riot in post Soviet times. Another astonishing artist presented is Pyotr Pavlensky who did not hesitate to sew his lips shut, slice off his earlobe and wrap himself, naked, in barbwire.
4. Discover the story of Ferrari at the Design Museum.
5. Draped seated woman, Henry Moore’s famous sculpture also nicknamed Old Flo, has come back to London after 20 years spent in the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Warming, cheese porn. Click here to find the best halloumi dishes in London.
2. 26 Grains, in Neal’s Yard, serves a porridge with quince, candied pecans, Greek yoghurt and redcurrants. Wow!
3. London pastry chefs are joining the second edition of Bake for Syria at Old Spitalfields Market this Saturday. The perfect excuse to indulge in decadent cakes – we love Babelle’s canelés there, who will make their halva ganache for the occasion…
5. Fancy a pub crawl? Here the list of the most beautiful pubs in Covent Garden.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. The Maritime Music Festival du Museum of London Docklands will have music performances and sea shanties for the whole family.
2. Pssst – there is a free mini golf in Canary Wharf.
3. The Velveteen Rabbit has been adapted on stage and is playing at the Unicorn Theatre.
4. Worry not about rainy days: try Clip’n’Climb, a huge climbing space for kids in Chelsea.
5. Take the kids to Hamley’s toy parade on Regent Street this Sunday.
Click on the map to see where the events are!