No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ That’s London, baby ♥
1. Don’t miss Chroma at House of Vans, in the tunnels under Waterloo: a landscape of optical illusions you are invited to explore hands-on! Think lighting controlled by a bespoke musical score, large scale illustrations springing to life, giant ball pit that appears to self-animate…
2. Greenwich is launching its very first Winter Time Festival – a fantastic way to enjoy the Old Royal Naval College’s superb architecture. Expect ice skating, a silent disco, shows for the whole family, a trendy Christmas market, street entertainers and delicious food.
3. How about a horse carriage tour of Richmond Park?
4. The Great Christmas Pudding Race will take place in Covent Garden this Saturday. It’s the 37th edition! Teams in fancy dress will compete, taking challenges while having to balance a Xmas pudding on a tray. Always fun to watch! Free but volunteers will be collecting coins to support a charity. Go on. T’is the season to help others.
♥ Art and culture ♥
1. If you are yet to discover Kenwood’s House exquisite interior – clear your weekend. You are sure to fall under its spell.
3. Join the National Gallery for a wreath-making workshop, inspired by pre-Raphaelite paintings.
4. Discover gems at the London International Animation Festival.
5. The Fan Museum found inspiration in street art.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. Last week, I was telling you of a “Christmas detox” smoothie, made with… Brussels sprouts. Yard Sale Pizza is catching up on the idea with a pancetta, mozzarella, sriracha mayo, double-smoked garlic and Brussels sprouts pizza.
2. The Xmas Turkey burger (turkey, bacon, lettuce, stuffing, cranberry and mulled wine sauce, cheese fondue) is back at Ben’s Canteen.
3. Have lunch, coffee, dinner, cocktails at the funkiest, most colourful barge in London >> Darcie & May Green on Grand Union Canal, outside Paddington Station.
4. The luxurious St Pancras Renaissance hotel now serves Harry Potter inspired cocktails. I will go for the Minty Toad for the Road, a peppermint liqueur served inside a dark chocolate frog…
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Explore the Museum of Childhood with a display and audio trail dedicated to the sounds of Christmas – you will learn the fascinating story of quite a few toys along the galleries! You can hear extracts here. Coming on Saturday? Join the Sing-a-long session!
2. Children can make their own Tudor style, festive wreath from greenery at Hampton court this weekend.
3. Track down Santa in the London Transport Museum and join the origami Christmas decorations workshop. There will be stories, dancing, singing too.
4. Learn all about Queen Victoria’s Christmas at Kensington Palace this Sunday: storytelling, Victorian toys handling, decorations workshop…
5. Sunday still, children can take part in a procession through Florence and draw the amazing people, costumes, animals and instruments featuring in the National gallery’s paintings.
Click on the map to see where the events are!