No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
♥ Christmas in London ♥
1. Every December, The Shard illuminates the London sky with a light show. Look out for it every evening at 19.25.
3. Tracey Emin decorated The Connaught’s Christmas tree with a poem: each word is a neon sign.
4. Have you been to the Churchill Arms pub yet? The building is covered in blooms in summer… and in Christmas trees (fairy lights included) in December. Quite a sight!
5. Don’t miss the Tate Britain’s decorations either. Kitsch but cheerful…
♥ London off the beaten path ♥
1. The former brutalist car park in Peckham had already started a second life: rooftop café, art gallery, Multi-Story Orchestra… The other floors will now features studios for local artist, a nightlife and community space, a cocktail bar. They’re launching this weekend with a party: yoga by candlelight, dance and tote bags screen printing sessions, family workshops, sound and light displays…
2. Join the Royal Academy’s surrealist party on Saturday, inspired by Salvador Dali and Marcel Duchamp – fun Dada workshops, erotic tea party, shadowlands and dreamscapes, the bureau of the subconscious…
3. Learn to dance Fintango, a Finnish version of Argentine tango at the Southbank Centre this Saturday (it’s free).
4. Love choirs? Stop by St Pancras International this Saturday to listen to West End songs (10h-11h) or rock’n’roll hits (11h-17h). You can also try the free jukebox in the station.
5. Leave the centre’s generic Christmas markets aside: prefer the King Henry’s garden walk Winter Fair, more touching: mulled wine, chestnuts, mince pies, craft stall and even one to make your Xmas wreath.
♥ Yum! ♥
1. The Diner in Soho is now serving a coffee-flavoured bacon roll, said to cure hangovers. You bet: the coffee infused bun, the coffee butter is equivalent to 5 shots of espresso!
3. Celebrate the weekend with The Trading House’s Pornstar Martini, topped with a flamed prosecco foam…
4. Here are the best pubs and bars in London to play table football.
♥ 5 ideas to make your little ones smile ♥
1. Children can write their Christmas wish lists at Broadgate’s card-making workshop this Saturday (11 am – 1 pm) – Santa will be there of course. Perfect opportunity to explore the stunning winter forest setting around.
2. Explore Winnie the Pooh’s world through the V&A new immersive exhibition.
3. This weekend, children can make their own Tudor treasure box or listen to the story of Princess Caroline and her chocolate maker at Hampton Court.
4. Listen to the story of The very hungry caterpillar at Foyles this Sunday.
5. Going to the London Natural History Museum or Science Museum? Since you’re in South Ken, have a look at the Museum of Architecture’s gingerbread building exhibition >> children can even make their own.