No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Ever tried donutting on a snowy slope? You can, this Saturday, at the East Village – and it’s free!
2. The ABBA exhibition has now opened at the Southbank Centre – near Waterloo, of course! Comes with a Dancing Queens workshop (to learn the dance routines), an ABBAoke (an ABBA themed karaoke) and the screening of Mamma Mia! (fancy dress encouraged) this Sunday. All three events are free.
3. The East End Vintage Clothing is having a warehouse clearance this weekend – with tons of 50 pence bargains.
4. Fed up with Christmas? Most stressful period of the year for you? You can smash Christmas tree and decorations in this rage room…
5. Transparent igloos with a view on the Thames, curling, mini golf, ping/beer/prosecco pong, hot toddies and fondues? That’s at Fulham Winterland, of course.
Culture and art in London
1. The independent bookshop Libreria is hosting a full night of music, poetry and storytelling this Saturday, with mulled wine and mince pies for added jolliness.
2. Hampton court will have concerts throughout the royal apartments this weekend, featuring music from the 16th to the 19th century.
3. Love choirs? Stop by the Southbank Centre Sunday to listen to West End hits.
4. Tom Moris, known for War Horse, has adapted Victor Hugo’s The Grinning Man for the stage at the Trafalgar Studios.
5. Learn all about Sir John Franklin and his crew’s final expedition at the National Maritime Museum.
2. Loved #BakeForSyria, which brought the best bakers in London together? Even bought the #CookForSyria book? This good cause has now opened a pop-up café in Seven Dials serving Imad Alarnab’s much-loved mezze (hummus and baba ganoush accompanied by mezze such as fattoush, tabbouleh, ‘ful mudammas’ >> fava beans, olive oil, garlic and cumin<<, labneh, flatbread) and pastries, cakes and mince pies created by London’s top bakers including Lily Vanilli, Bread Ahead, The Good Egg, Henrietta Inman, Babelle…
3. Dominique Ansel serves a croissant filled with gingerbread-spiced almond frangipane and topped with caramelised pecans.
4. Love a little sparkle in your life? Try the Prosecco festival this Saturday at Tobacco Dock.
5. Go on a whisky safari in London.
London for families
1. The Dulwich Picture Gallery is having a Moomin weekend: puppets, glass baubles and flower crown workshop, storytelling…
2. Have fun at the Horniman Museum’s Christmas fair this Saturday: face painting, balloons, bouncy castle, teacup ride, farmers’ market, choir and a chance to have breakfast or afternoon tea with Santa and his elves.
3. Did you know the Barbican has an indoor playground with giant blocks made out of all sorts of materials for the little ones?
4. The National Theatre has adapted Pinocchio as a family show.
5. The London Aquatic Centre has a floating obstacle course which should delight adventurers…
Click on the map to see where the events are!