No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. London will be shining bright this weekend! Don’t miss the light sculptures of the Lumière festival (Southbank, Mayfair, Fitzrovia, West End, King’s Cross) nor the fantastic Winter Lights installations at Canary Wharf.
2. Need to cheer up? Try walking through a rainbow street…
3. Street artist Thierry Noir has decorated a pedestrian crossing behind the Tate Modern. Brilliant.
4. Looking for a way to make running more fun? London Secret Runs do an 8-km trail on Saturdays: it includes craft beer stops.
5. The London Buddhist Centre has an open day this Sunday: the perfect opportunity to join a meditation session.
Culture and art in London
1. Word on the Water (a floating library – yes, on a narrow boat!) will organise a jazz and poetry evening this Saturday. Perfect after admiring the Lumière festival installations in the area.
2. Kings Place is hosting the London A Cappella festival this weekend.
3. The V&A dedicates the weekend to opera with free screenings, performances, talks, immersive installations…
4. Street artists SEEN and RISK present their latest collaboration, ‘Misery Loves Company’, at the Stolenspace Gallery. Features the Pink Panther 🙂
1. 2018 started well. You had taken a resolution. Sadly, life got in the way… Don’t despair, if that’s the case, Wahaca has a free plate of tacos for you!
2. Nando’s in Soho now has its own recording studio, open to everyone with a creative mind (and an appetite on the side. Or the other way round)
3. Try this luminous cocktail trail to make the discovery of the Lumière festival even more fun.
4. The best hot chocolate in London? Dark Sugars’ – decadently topped high with chocolate shavings.
London for families
1. Did you know the Postal Museum has an indoor place area for little ones, in fact an immersive mini-town with streets, buildings, trolleys, pulleys, slides and chutes. Brilliant.
2. London Apple shops have cool sessions for kids: Maze challenge, Design a game character, making movies…
3. The COLAB factory is hosting a club night for kids this Saturday: Lego challenge, dance, glitter, face painting, music, theatre…
4. Enjoy African vibes at Rich Mix‘s Sunday event: music, cinema, dance, games, workshops… and street food.
5. Children can print a Moomin tote bag at the Dulwich Picture Gallery this Sunday.
Click on the map to see where the events are!