No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Silent discos are the new (fun) work out session. Good news: there is a free one at The Miller this Saturday.
2. The Prince Charles Cinema will screen a Lord of the Rings movie marathon this Saturday.
3. Indulge in a memorable yoga session at the Royal Albert Hall this Saturday: a cellist will be playing to add to the atmosphere.
4. Missed the Lumière festival last week? Try the Winter Lights installations at Canary Wharf!
5. Join the Help Refugees All-Day Fundraiser this Saturday: crate building workshop (to transport equipment for the refugees in Calais), live music, DJs, screening of Fire over water (a documentary on the migrant crisis). Donations (clothes, tents, toiletries…) welcome.
Culture and art in London
1. Love the superb glass sculpture suspended in the entrance of the V&A? The artist, Chihuly, presents a fascinating of his work at the Halcyon gallery.
2. Boxpark Croydon presents a touching photography exhibition on young Ethiopian skaters.
3. Learn all the National Portrait Gallery’s Secrets.
4. The Vaults Theatre has a new show: Neverland, reinvented as mind-wowing musical.
5. Discover Alfred Hitchcock’s London with this guided tour on Saturday.
1. There is a new croissant in town: a maple syrup and bacon one.
2. Indulge in a Grease themed brunch on Saturday.
3. Honest Burger is serving a Disco Bistro: beef, cheddar, burger sauce, pink onions and… pineapple bacon jam.
4. Dominique Ansel has improved its already delicious cronuts. They now come filled with Banana Dulcey & Espresso Caramel.
London for families
1. The Science Museum has planned a full family weekend around its Illuminating India exhibition: constellation coasters, the math behind music, weaving, rangoli geometry, Bollywood…
2. If your little ones are big fans of Julia Donalson’s books, head to the Discover Children’s Story Centre. Monkey Puzzle is read to kids every day at story time.
3. The Unicorn Theatre will have a sandcastle workshop on Saturday.
4. Children can enjoy story telling then story making at Rich Mix this Sunday…
5. …or decorate cups with Moomin characters at the Dulwich Picture Gallery,
Click on the map to see where the events are!