No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. There’s a Hip Hop Karaoke Party at the Tate Modern this Friday and Saturday – join in!
2. Spring is here: the snowdrops are already in bloom at the Chelsea Physic Garden.
3. Winterland proved such a hit that it’s opening for February. Think enchanted forest with curling lanes, mini-golf, prosecco-pong, riverside igloos decorated with cherry blossoms, fur lined sofas and fondues…
4. Superbowl fan? Here are the best places to watch it in London.
5. If you need to be cheered up, try laughter yoga on Sunday (free).
Culture and art in London
1. If Titanic, Normandie, the Queen Mary and the Canberra make you dream, book your ticket for the V&A’s new exhibition: Ocean Liners, speed & style.
2. Join TFL’s Winter Wanders this weekend: 40 free walks throughout London. Family, architecture, biodiversity… There is a theme for everyone.
3. On the Saturday, the Skip Garden is holding a Seeds festival: seed swap, milling ancient grains that will be used later to make scrumptious pizza, a lantern workshop, creating batiks inspired by the beauty of seeds seen through a microscope, home-cooked communal lunch cooked by the Skip Garden Kitchen, family activities…
4. Not to be missed at the National Theatre: Amadeus, a thrilling show on Mozart’s life.
5. The BFI celebrates Ingmar Bergman this season, a fantastic opportunity to see his masterpieces.
1. Forget boeuf bourguignon, Aubaine has invented beet bourguignon and it’s to die for.
2. Have an Elvis suit in your wardrobe? Put it on and rush to Brewdog (37 branches in the UK) to get a free beer…
3. Beer and sport can go together. I swear! The Craft Half, taking place on Sunday, is a 13 miles run with a half pint every 2 miles… Call that motivation.
4. It’s Yorkshire Pudding on Sunday (yes, it’s a thing). To celebrate, Gilray’s steakhouse and bar has created a Yorkshire Pudding Club Sandwich with sirloin steak, duck fried egg Tiptree original tomato chutney, and bacon jam. Oh, my.
London for families
1. Women only obtained the right to vote in the UK a hundred years ago. The Museum of London has organised a full weekend of family activities to explain the younger generation how difficult this was to obtain: banners, poetry, how to make yourself heard, games, suffragette rally…
2. The Unicorn theatre presents Othello, adapted for children.
4. The Regent Street cinema always has a kids friendly session on Saturdays: their ticket is £1.75 only. They will be screening My Little Pony this week.
5. Go on a Mary Poppins tour this Saturday.
Click on the map to see where the events are!