No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. This Saturday, Pop Brixton is celebrating Mardi Gras New Orleans style: craft activities for kids and adults, Louisiana themed food and beverages, busking stage, live art, fortune telling and jazz, lots of jazz.
2. Try hairclubbing in Blade: sip on wine on cocktails while stylists are designing your new haircut.
3. Fan of Superman, Dark Knight, Batman and the likes, rush to the O2 to see the new exhibition of DC superheroes.
4. Celebrate Holi at Cinnamon Kitchen and experience the spectacular paint throwing festivities that mark the renowned Indian festival of colour.
5. Love beautiful portraits? China Exchange will turn you into a historical beauty or Prince Charming… The experience includes outfit, make-up, hair and even dance workshop… Wonderful pictures ahead.
Culture and art in London
1. The House of Illustation presents a fascinating exhibition on graphic design from North Korea featuring colourful posters, sweet wrappers and stamps.
3. The Photographers’ Gallery has a touching selection of amateur ‘found’ photographs exploring gender non-conformity and cross-dressing from 1880 onwards.
4. Music enthusiast will love the Independent Label Market in King’s Cross this weekend – a brilliant opportunity to discover new sounds.
5. Discover Lady May’s London with this Downton Abbey tour.
1. Darling, normal lattes are things of the past. In London, they’re rainbow coloured: green (matcha), yellow (turmeric), red (beetroot), blue (algae), black (charcoal). It may be rose or lavender infused, topped with petals or even cereals. You might choose from normal, almond, soy, rice, coconut milk. It’d better come with latte art too. Cool addresses this way!
3. Always wanted to taste crocodile, zebra or buffalo? Stop at Shaka Zulu in Camden Market.
4. Try Bunga Bunga’s Nutella calzone.
5. Click here to see where to sip on really funky margaritas in London.
London for families
1. Enjoy a dinosaur safari in Greenwich.
2. The Museum of London Docklands turns into Neverland for 2 weeks with games, songs and celebrations all along.
3. Show them backstage: the National Theatre has a costume, wigs, hair and make-up tour.
4. There will be over 10,000 teddy bears to see at the Winter Bearfest this Sunday.
5. Children can design their digital family tree at the Museum of London.